SHOP MEEZNATION GAMES MY MEEZ WHAT'S HOT

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th July 2008   #1 (permalink)
Forum Junior

Level: N/A (Why?)
Default Since I'm such a stickler...

*NOTE*

This is not an argumentive thread. If any flame baiting, flaming, asshattery, or flat out douche-baggery ensues, I'll message one of the mods and have it taken care of accordingly.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

I have a few questions on RELIGON. Please answer all questions accordingly, and try to keep it civil. As I said, this thread isn't meant for arguements. If you have an arguement, start another thread or take it to the PM's.

I'll answer these a bit later... I'm REALLY tired.

Edit: Screw it. I'll just git'er done.
  • What is your faith?
I am a... Wait for it.... PAGAN. Go figure.
  • How did you come by your faith (or how did your faith find you)?
The road to finding my faith is long (and therefore longwinded), but eventually I found like-minded people who proposed that I might try paganism. Never looked back.
  • Why do you believe what you do?
Believing in one entity just didn't make sense to me. There has to be a balance in all things, including the divine (I.E. A Male and Female half).
  • How has it affected your life?
Much like anyone else who believes as they do, I find comfort and joy in what I believe. It makes sense to me and thats good enough.
  • And why the hell do people HATE each other so much because of creed?
People are people. Everyone hinks they hav it right.

Thankfully, my faith allows EVERYONE to be right.

Judge not lest ye be judged right?

Last edited by nw-pagan; 16th July 2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old 16th July 2008   #2 (permalink)
Forum Star

Level: 28
Level up: 31%
Activity: 0%
Default Re: Since I'm such a stickler...

[quote=nw-pagan;2250503]*NOTE*

This is not an argumentive thread. If any flame baiting, flaming, asshattery, or flat out douche-baggery ensues, I'll message one of the mods and have it taken care of accordingly.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

I have a few questions on RELIGON. Please answer all questions accordingly, and try to keep it civil. As I said, this thread isn't meant for arguements. If you have an arguement, start another thread or take it to the PM's.

I'll answer these a bit later... I'm REALLY tired. [/qoute]

Awww...go to bed then...

Quote:
  • What is your faith?
Well, it's complicated. I'll try and keep it short and simple. I Believe in God, Jesus Christ, and the Virgin Mary. I believe in sprits. I believe in Spirits and ghosts ( I believe they are different).

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN SATAN OR THE CHRISITAN DEVIL.

I do believe in evloution and the big bang theory...I believe God had something to do with it.

I believe that because God felt that Mary was worthy of bearing his son she became a deity after death.

I can go on more but it'll be too long. For specifics just PM me.

Quote:
Reading the Bible and The Satanic Bible and other religious materials and weighing in what I believed through observation

Quote:
Because it makes sense to me. I believe in it because I want to believe in it...not because I'm being raised to believe in it or being told ot believe in it.

Quote:
Well, it's helped me make my "moral" decisions. Helps me bring peace to my life.

Quote:
I have no idea...
Old 16th July 2008   #3 (permalink)
Forum Master

Level: N/A (Why?)

Quote:
nw-pagan wrote: View Post

*NOTE*

NO EXCEPTIONS.

I'll answer these a bit later... I'm REALLY tired.
  • What is your faith?
1: My faith is Witchcraft
2: I read a few books about it and got really into it.
3: I dunno. It just... Makes sense I guess.
4: It cured my mates cat of Cancer.
5: I guess people are scared of what they don't know and don't understand, There's this saying "What we don't know, we fear, and what we fear, we destroy".
Old 16th July 2008   #4 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Level: 34
Level up: 17%

1. I subscribe to no specific religion or creed. I do believe that there is a higher being or force or deity but bow to no God or Goddess. I believe in karma, reincarnation, evolution and self-determinism. I don't believe that it matters what belief or lack thereof a person attaches him/herself to. I think the most important thing in life is live on your own terms and be happy, whatever that may mean to you.

2. It is simply what makes sense to me. I have experienced my fair share of numerous faiths and religions and what I have come to believe is simply where my logic and instinct have lead me.

3. Why does anyone believe what one does? It makes sense to me.

4. I don't know that it has. At least no more or less so than any of my other beliefs.

5. I haven't a clue. Creed doesn't matter, all that matters is what people do with it.

Old 16th July 2008   #5 (permalink)
human

Level: 65
Level up: 51%

• What is your faith? Atheist
  • How did you come by your faith (or how did your faith find you)? I don't believe in a higher power. If I worship anything, then I worship science.
  • Why do you believe what you do? I believe that everything should have a logical explanation. (That brings me back to science.)
  • How has it affected your life? People tell me that I should believe in God. Other than that, it hasn't affected me much.
  • And why the hell do people HATE each other so much because of creed? People hate everything that is different because they are afraid of it.
Old 16th July 2008   #6 (permalink)
Forum Senior

Level: 11
Level up: 41%

Well, if you're not looking for argument, then I don't see a point on posting it in controversy, but anyway, we'll see where this goes:
  • What is your faith?
I'm a Satanist
I heard about satanism, started searching about it, and realised it fits me like a glove.
Cause it makes sence
Well, it helped me deal with some stuff, and find, and control the power I have within me
Because people are stupid, and thing they're right, and everyone else is wrong. But then again, not everybody is like that.
Old 16th July 2008   #7 (permalink)
Forum Master

Level: 17
Level up: 56%

Quote:

*NOTE*

• What is your faith?
1. After responding in many threads on religion and thinking about it...I"ve come to think I'm a Christian Agnostic with a little bit of pagean thrown in for flavor.

2. I was raised Christian, so as I educated myself on my organized religion, I found that although I don't have solid proof on the existence of God either way, I believe that there is something more, something..., I just feel comfortable calling it God. The pagean influence came with educating myself on how the Christian/Catholic rise destroyed most of the pagean religions, took many practices and incorporated it, just for political purposes. To me, depending on the practice, makes more practical sense than the Christian Bible.

3. It has allowed me to be less judgemental of people (except in some circumstances). And at a time when I didn't think I could get up, I got up. When I thought I couldn't forgive, I did. When I've asked for help, I've gotten it in some shape or form. Yes, strength of character got me through as well, but...when I was broken, something helped fix me.

4. Because as much as we hate to think of ourselves as less, we're nothing more than higher thinking animals. So instead of isolating a member of our social structure for being a stragler, weakest link, or disobedient to the alpha male. We do so for the enlightened (enter sarcasm here) reasons of "bad" person, "evil", "different", and "wrong"

GAH
Old 16th July 2008   #8 (permalink)
Forum Senior

Level: 12
Level up: 6%

I have a question for you, OP, if you don't mind.

Why Paganism and what does it entail?
I know you said it's quite a long tale, but I'm very interested in knowing how you came to the decision that Paganism was right for you.
Old 16th July 2008   #9 (permalink)
Creep

Level: 87
Level up: 5%
Activity: 4%

• What is your faith?
Don't have one.
Was raised Christian and thus never got a chance to think about things for myself, and when I did once I got older, I decided to go by what made sense to me and not just what I was told.
Nothing about theism and religion makes sense to me as far as actually believing in them--much more evidence toward them simply being man-made. I find it better to go by nature and what things I actually do know rather than blind faith just because someone else suggested it.
A lot more comforting not to constantly have to think "Is this person I love going to Hell? What about that one? Am I?" I am much happier knowing that I have one life and thus the motivation to get the best that I can out of it. I feel like I can finally pursue truthful answers to my questions rather than just assuming "God did it". It has, however, caused a lot of grief in my family--and I haven't even directly said that I don't believe in anything yet. They cry over the fact that I don't go to church and are the kind of people who "know" they're right no matter what and refuse to listen or accept that not everyone is Christian. Still waiting for the right time and way to bring it up, if at all.
A lot of reasons. One, they want to be right. Thus, they try to ensure that everyone who doesn't think the way they do either knows that he is wrong or changes his way of thought. There are also those who are less secure in their beliefs and feel the need to be defensive and hostile toward anyone who challenges them. The feeling that they are right tends to give some people that "I'm better than you" feeling. Everyone else is just a dirty nobody or too stupid to be capable of seeing how wrong he is.
Old 16th July 2008   #10 (permalink)
BK MC

Level: 49
Level up: 86%

Quote:

What is your faith?
I don't even know anymore. I was once a Christian and, while I still go to church and believe in God and Jesus, the Bible often clashes with my personal views. I suppose at this point I am a pseudo-Christian. I also studied Buddhism in a philosophy class and really enjoyed it. Sometimes I think Buddhism is what Christianity should be.

Quote:
How did you come by your faith (or how did your faith find you)?
I went to church with my family every Sunday and sometimes on Wednesdays. Here's where the argument comes in that, I never had the opportunity to explore new religions; that my parents forced me into it. I suppose, but now as an adult I am free to shun Christianity and, while I do grapple with some of the things I have been taught, I have chosen not to turn my back completely.

Quote:
Why do you believe what you do?
My personal views clash with Christianity as I said, and this is because I believe that since the Bible was written by man it is okay to admit that it is flawed. Sorry, it's not the word of God. But I do believe in God. To me, life is just far too complicated to be left up to circumstance and coincidence.

Quote:
How has it affected your life?
It gives a blueprint to follow to be a decent human being. I'm not saying Christianity is needed for this (there's plenty of Christians who are not decent human beings) but it works for me. Church offers a sense of community and belonging. You get together with the same people week after week and celebrate the Lord. I like going to church.

Quote:
And why the hell do people HATE each other so much because of creed?
I don't really have an answer for this one because I don't hate anyone for any reason. While religion can influence people, I don't blame religion for the world's problems; I blame individuals. If religions were the problem, everyone one would be an extremist and this is not so.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread