Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 28th June 2007   #21
anthony_winters
Forum Master

Level: 17
Level up: 76%
Activity: 0%
Default Re:The Mario Games= Drug References.

Quote:
2britt wrote:

Quote:
dracomalfoy wrote:

Quote:
2britt wrote:

Well I think those shows are just fine!
OK, first of all, what about those Bowser games where you stretch his face? And the ones where the Mario characters are bowling pins? Explain that! 8) :lol:
Those aren't nickolodeon on disney shows. those are games.
well what about the super mario cartoon? That was on a long time ago the super mario brothers super show.
Old 28th June 2007   #22
dracomalfoy
Forum Master

Level: N/A (Why?)

Quote:
omgoshbananas wrote:

Quote:
dracomalfoy wrote:

Quote:
2britt wrote:

It seems like no one can have an imagination these days. Why does everything have to be drug or sex related?
Not everything is. If you want the "no sex, no drugs" stuff, Disney and Nickelodeon, anything involving kid shows are perfect examples of that. :lol:
Oh puh-lease.
Disney and Nickelodeon are slowly becoming R-rated.
Spongebob? He is evidently on some drugs cause you've never seen anyone that happy before w/o a girlfriend, working at a fast food restaurant, has a "cat", and whose best friend DEFINITELY must be smoking pot or soemthing cause he's dumb as shit. Spongebob is like the 40-year-old virgin. He's never been to any other school besides driving school. And lives alone, which must mean that his parents kicked him out.

Miley Cyrus? She is the pre-Hilary Duff/Lindsay Lohan image. Once Hannah Montana gets canceled, all her little fan girls are still going to be following her, while Ms. Miley stops eating, parties like an animal, make sex videos, has a drug problem, gets knocked up by her back-up dancer who already has a baby momma, make a reality show about it, get divorced, shave her hair, gets arrested for DUI, goes to rehab, and dies from drug overdose.

Quote:
Quote:
nitsuacrowdsurfer wrote:

thats stupid, its a frikin game, and its a fantasy game nonetheless. Get over it, its not using drug references.
Where's your proof, then? :roll:
Where is your proof that its using drug references? :hunf:
Not all pop stars are like Britney Spears. There are some who are very likeable like Rachel Stevens and Kylie Minogue. I stated my proof in the first thread.

I've played the first MarioParty game, and seen the first one that came out on Gameboy (the yellow one, not the silver/gray/platinum one) when I was young. Seen the "Mario Brothers" movie. Played Super Smash Brothers Melee. Seen "Super Mario Sunshine" played by my brother.
Old 28th June 2007   #23
2britt
Forum Senior

Level: 14

Quote:
omgoshbananas wrote:

Quote:
2britt wrote:

I think people are obsessed trying to make simple things complicated and exagerated
Just like a church said that the Dr. Seuss book Green Eggs & Ham had sexual references.
Yeah, apparently everything made or even thought of has drug or sex related ties. I personally think this is rididculous!
Old 28th June 2007   #24
dracomalfoy
Forum Master

Quote:
2britt wrote:

I think people are obsessed trying to make simple things complicated and exagerated
No. Just trying to make the obvious OBVIOUS. BTW, dinosaurs in real life didn't look like Yoshi and have white and green spotted eggs coming out of their rear end. :lol: :roll:
Old 28th June 2007   #25
blondie1228

Default The Mario Games= Drug References.

Quote:
waffleby wrote:

The mushrooms that make Mario larger are amanita mushrooms which are actually deadly poisonous.
:shock:

That's helpful.
Old 28th June 2007   #26
2britt
Forum Senior

NO, when I play/played mario I never thought of drugs. Just b/c someone makes up people and a fantasy world and has a little bit of imagination does not mean that they intended for it to be drug related.
Old 28th June 2007   #27
omgoshbananas

Quote:
dracomalfoy wrote:

Quote:
omgoshbananas wrote:

Quote:
dracomalfoy wrote:

Quote:
2britt wrote:

It seems like no one can have an imagination these days. Why does everything have to be drug or sex related?
Not everything is. If you want the "no sex, no drugs" stuff, Disney and Nickelodeon, anything involving kid shows are perfect examples of that. :lol:
Oh puh-lease.
Disney and Nickelodeon are slowly becoming R-rated.
Spongebob? He is evidently on some drugs cause you've never seen anyone that happy before w/o a girlfriend, working at a fast food restaurant, has a "cat", and whose best friend DEFINITELY must be smoking pot or soemthing cause he's dumb as shit. Spongebob is like the 40-year-old virgin. He's never been to any other school besides driving school. And lives alone, which must mean that his parents kicked him out.

Miley Cyrus? She is the pre-Hilary Duff/Lindsay Lohan image. Once Hannah Montana gets canceled, all her little fan girls are still going to be following her, while Ms. Miley stops eating, parties like an animal, make sex videos, has a drug problem, gets knocked up by her back-up dancer who already has a baby momma, make a reality show about it, get divorced, shave her hair, gets arrested for DUI, goes to rehab, and dies from drug overdose.

Quote:
Quote:
nitsuacrowdsurfer wrote:

thats stupid, its a frikin game, and its a fantasy game nonetheless. Get over it, its not using drug references.
Where's your proof, then? :roll:
Where is your proof that its using drug references? :hunf:
Not all pop stars are like Britney Spears. There are some who are very likeable like Rachel Stevens and Kylie Minogue. I stated my proof in the first thread.

I've played the first MarioParty game, and seen the first one that came out on Gameboy (the yellow one, not the silver/gray/platinum one) when I was young. Seen the "Mario Brothers" movie. Played Super Smash Brothers Melee. Seen "Super Mario Sunshine" played by my brother.
I have been playing all the Mario games since I was able to get my hands on a game controller. And until today, I never thought that those games had that type of message.
You shouldn't assume that these games are using drug references. They were made for our entertainment, not for us to start using drugs. It can be a subliminal message, but I could care less. Young kids don't and shouldn't know about drugs until they are old enough or mature enough to know the difference between good and bad and consequences.

And you're right, not all pop stars will end up like Britney Spears [I was also reffering to other celebrities], but what are the possibilities? At such a young age, the media will become pressure on her. Also, did you know that acting and recording contracts requires the artist to be below a certain weight? Ever thought why Hilary Duff looks like an anorexic horse?
Old 28th June 2007   #28
dracomalfoy
Forum Master

Quote:
2britt wrote:

NO, when I play/played mario I never thought of drugs. Just b/c someone makes up people and a fantasy world and has a little bit of imagination does not mean that they intended for it to be drug related.
Arguing that is like arguing Barbie (who is made up, along with Ken and her friends) didn't dump Ken for all her "friends" and being a lesbian, is a normal body image and is a dumb blonde. It wasn't intentional like Mario, but still comes across that way. :lol: :roll:
Old 28th June 2007   #29
2britt
Forum Senior

Default The Mario Games= Drug References.

I also played with Barbies (Which were not all blonde) and when you're YOUNG you don't know what a dumb blonde is let alone care, you just wanna play with your damn Barbie lol, the same with the video game.
Skipped a post by deleted user .

Closed Thread  Post New Thread