Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2009   #1
calou
French girl

Level: 100
Level up: 0%
Activity: 0%
Default A question about signatures? ALL YOUR ANSWERS HERE!!

As a courtesy to other users, please don't quote the entire first post as it's very long.Thanks for understanding.

I've seen a lot of questions going around all over the forums for a while now and i thought it was time to assemble all the info necessary about signatures somewhere to help all meezers!
i surelly will forget some points as there's a lot to cover here; so please tell them to me if you see useful oversights. (i'll try to cover the basic simplest question to more complicated points.

There we go:
  • What is a siggy?
    a siggy is a signature. The signature is the text or image appearing at the end of each of your posts.

• Can I have a siggy??
    It varies according to your status:
    - You're a VIP? You can have siggys of any type, plain text to the ones with pictures.
    - You're not VIP? You can still have access to the signature
    option, but you have to be a certain level. The higher your level is the more options you have with your signature.here is a short list for you:
    -Level 1 to 4: You can't have a signature
    -Level 5 to 9: You can create a short, plaintext signature (no links, colors, or different fonts / font sizes)
    -Level 10 to 14:You can have a longer signature
    -Level 15 to 29: You can use links, colors, lists,
    different fonts & font sizes in your signature. (Access to bbcodes:spoilers,quotes and hyperlinks)
    -Level 30 to 44: You can use images in your signature
    -Level 45 to 49: You can have a longer siggy
    -Level 50 to above: You can have an even longer siggy.

FOR MORE INFO about LEVELS:
    http://forums.meez.com/forums/meez-n...l#post10003742

• I got the level but it keeps saying i must become VIP...?
    Are you clicking the link at the end of your posts saying "add a signature" ??
    - If yes then this is why, this link is not the working one to add a signature. To add or edit a signature you have to go to "Settings" (grey bar at the top of the page)

then "Edit signature" if you're unable to find it click this: edit signature

-If no: If it's been a while (more than a week) that it's saying so
    and that you can't add AT ALL a signature or if you're vip but it says you can't have a signature, try to contact the Meez tech team here

• How do I create one?
    Siggys can be created with the help of multiple programs. The more popular would be:

*PROGRAMS* (some downloadable others are programs integrated within your computer)
    - Paint: being a component of all Windows computers, this program will be a good start to familiarize with the editing world.
    As being a component of Windows computers you will hardly find a place to download it, if not never...
    - PhotoFiltre: An intermediate version between simple and more complex
    - Gimp: (Gimp): resembeling Adobe Photoshop but being more basic and with some less options, this one's a level more advanced than Paint and gives you more possibilities to your creativeness.
    - Adobe Photoshop: (Adobe Photoshop Cs4)this is the more advanced editing program of the 4, gives you a lot of possibilities and surely would be hard to use for starters.NOTE that this program has to be bought to have the full use of it, you can't still have a try out for a month from the website i've linked.

IF YOU NEED HELP TO USE THESE PROGRAMS GO HERE! You'll find good stuff HERE too

I aslo advise you to check some of those tutorials for a better knowledge as for how to create your own signature with these programs:
  • Photoshop:

Hagbanee's tutorials: Signature tutorial (Photoshop CS4)
  • Gimp:

Simple Siggy (using GIMP)
  • Photofiltre:

*ONLINE EDITING PROGRAMS*:
There are a bunch of them and i surely won't be able to list them all so I'm gonna put those that i know of:
THOSE with NO SUBSCRIPTION being compulsory:
Free Online Image Editor
Picnik
Pixlr
Lunapic

THOSE with COMPUSLORY SUBSCRIPTION:
Photobucket(resize, color, text, stamps)
Blingee(color, text, animations, glitter)
Ownskin(you can make gif/animated pic there)

You can find rather good tutorials on how to use those programs under Google or even Youtube BUT ALSO in here (id est: tutorial forums of meez
  • What is a format and which should i pick?
    the format is let's say the quality and functions of your picture. Formats can be: .Jpeg, .bitmap , .png , .gif , .tiff. Which should you pick??: The format known to give a better quality is .png for closeups for instance (as far as I know). Also note that the .gif format is the one commonly used to make animated pictures

• I want My meez in my siggy but don't know how to do it!!??
    you want your signature to contain your meez avatar but you have no idea on how to do it?
    You want to make sure people recognize who you are and want your meez to stand for it? ok i'll try to be clear for that too...

-Your first task is to locate the button that allows your computer to take a picture of the screen you're seeing.This Button is located on your keyboard and is generally (yeah "generally" coz it can happen to be named differently on some keyboards) named "PRT SCR"(Meaning Print Screen) (generally this button is located on the top right of your keyboard between the "insert", "scroll lock"and "F12" button)

If you're on a laptop check these links:
    Tutorial : Print Screen Button on Laptop
    how do u take a meez picture on mac?
    PrintScreen Shot with Gateway Laptop!
  • CLICK TO ENLARGE

-ok now that you located the button all you have to do is go to the meezmaker, select the outfit and the animation you want for your meez.

-Once you're satisfied with your avatar, use the zoom option of your web browser.(that should be the same way for any browser.

CLICK TO ENLARGE:

you can also zoom in your page by clicking "Ctrl" and "+" at the same time several times (each time you click it should be zooming 10%)

Note that you can also use the full screen option to have a full page and get rid of the bars while taking the picture, you do so by clicking the F11 button.

- Now that you have zoomed in the way you wanted, just press the "Prt Scr" button (also known as Print screen), then you just open your Image editor, that can be: Ms Paint, Gimp, Photosop, Photophiltre...just pick the one you have installed on your computer.
    Open it:

right click on the page or press ctrl+v

either:

OR

the screenshot is supposedly pasted:

crop it the way you want:

and post it on the internet (on photobucket, tinypic or whatever...), use the bbcode (meaning the code starting: [ img ] http://.... [ / img ] )
    OR click that icon under a meez post, paste the url/image's web adress (called direct link in photobucket) in the box that has opened.

• I have a picture for my signature but i can't find the way to add it when i'm on MEEZ..?
    Before you try to add pictures on meez, Your pictures or signatures have to be hosted on a picture hosting website, if they are on your computer you won't be able to link it. Here a quick list of the most used Image hosting websites
    - Photobucket
    - Tinypic
    - ImageShack
    - PicOodle! - Image Sharing
    - Image Hosting - ImageHosting.com - Image Sharing

Of course you are free to google 'image hosting/image hosts" to find the hosting website of your choice. Once your picture is posted on a website, You have different manners to add/put your picture
    -When your on the page to edit your signature look for this icon:, when you click it a little window opens asking you to enter
    the url (the url being the picture's web adress, generally starting: http://www.... ) look for the link on the website where you posted you signature or picture.
    I can tell this "code" is called "direct link" under Photobucket, i don't know for others.

-When you're on the website hosting your picture look for a code resembling this:
    [img] you must see a url adress here [/!mg]
    (instead of the ! It's a i but i can't put the code here)

-Sometimes (when the picture is hosted on a website( not located in your computer)) a simple copy/paste works (i'm not assuring it works all the time though)

• How to pimp my siggy?
    Of course you can add a picture (i already talked about that) but you surely have seen some pretty fancy signatures with neat links and funny spoilers....
    well you wonder how to do it??here we go:

- To make a SPOILER:

to make a spoiler all you need to know is the bbcode. What is it?
    easy: [ spoiler ]type your text here[ /spoiler ]
    (remove the spaces, i personally put them otherwise the code would have been active and you wouldn't have been able to see it)
    example:

- To make a CUSTOMED LINKED TEXT/SYMBOL:
    Maybe you have seen people having fancy signatures with funny symbols being clickable links (these symbols are called Windings and Webdings,you can google it to find more)
    and you want one too...?
    first you gotta pick the symbol you want, if you don't know where to find them; i'm putting a list there, just copy/paste the one you want:

☼♀♂♠♣♥♦♪♫☺☻→←ಌ★☆☎☏◈ ☮ツ✿☠ ϟ ✎ ۩ ๑ ۞ ஐ ღ ₪ ╬ ﺕ ≈ ॐ ♡ ி ஜ ↔ ↕ ﻬ Ψ۝▲❤ ♡ ☜☞ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ ◊① ② ③ ④ ⑤ ⑥ ⑦ ⑧ ⑨ ⑩ ✄ ൠ ೪ ॓.॔ ҈ لّـّـّّا ▪ ๏̯͡๏ ͡๏_๏ ▶ ▷ ◀ ◁ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄☉ ☊ ☋ ☢ ☸ ☹ ☽ ☾♤ ♨✙✈✉✁✎ ✐✰❁❥➳ ➽ 〠 〄 ♝ ♞ ¥ ❁ ❀✾ ❃ ✺❈❊ ❉ ✲ ✩ ✫ ✬ ✭ ✪ ❂ ◕ ⊕ Θ o O ♋ ☯ ㊝⊙ ◎✖►◄▧ ▨ ▤ ▣ ▥ ▦ ▩ ◘ ◙ ◈♭♪ ⊕ △ ▲※ ⁂ ℡ ♧ㄨ↘↙『』〖〗◢ ◣◥ ◤▄ █ ▌〓 ◑▂◐ ◑0◐ ◑︿◐ ◑ω◐ ♬ ♩ABC EFGHI$NOJb
    %!"p#'
    :
    _`abcdefghi!"#%]vz
    p-~
    &
    փehilx

Once you inserted your symbol all you have to do is highlight the symbol by passing over it with you mouse, then press this icon: and insert the url (web adress) of the thing you want to be linked

examples :

in your case, text. So type " my suggestions " or whatever and highlight it.

<- this supposedly redirects you to my thread here.
    You can do the same thing with text, processing the same way.
    example: Here <- redirects you to my thread here.
Ok...I guess that's most of it...Before you leave some rules:

Remember to keep your signatures Meezy & Pleazy. This means no adult/sexual content, or anything else that would cause trouble. You may have a single image in your signature, but it must not exceed this size.
Exceeding the recommended size can result in an INFRACTION or BAN.

I hope i covered most of your questions, feel free to ask some, i'll try to answer them in the extent of my knowledge.

Last edited by calou; 1st March 2010 at 12:49 AM.
The Following 187 Meezers Support calou's Post:
--juggalette--, -asia_love-, -back-swaggin, Contradiction-, Rad-iant, Cauchemars, -paigel-, -x-sparkle-x-, -_-alison-_-, -_psychopathic_-, -_yukibear_-, -__i-love-you__-, michelledontcare, 77jake77, Q-U-I-N-C-E, advert_pop, ambre_loves_rawr, amy_got_hacked, ayanna2000, babysister74, ballin_at_night, bazaro_bckup, Majesty-, bewaremandy, bheibhycoh, blue-marie13, bopsbelike, MlRACULOUS, briibaybee, brokencyde_10, bubblezgopopz, bvb-geekx3, HoIIyWoodUndead, callondre, --Mystifying--, carla_372000, carmen_loves_ya, carter335, Sparkledfox, chelseaxcorexx, chiccupcake, cloroxcleanero_o, coolcatgirlhoney, couer_mort, crazy_star77, -a7x, PotBreaker, darkangel70002, dedegoesrawr, deodrant, devontediamond, diamond_ice_9, differentbreed, dirtylilsecretx3, PunishMeSenpai, doggy_swagg, dress-and-tie, ryvko, ellieisback, x-Everlasting, emoeilfie, GnarIyBastard, -FixItFelix, fredrocks1, galaxiian, glamourgirl507, Eternally-Yours_, gothic_suppi, hagbanee, xxGenuineSmilexx, iOS_KryPtoNiTe, homeopathjarl04, iescaped, iimorgan2, ii__neelan__ii, illusive-, iIIusions, itz_demi_betch, DancingWithDeath, -N82NE1, jazzy-boo_25, juuhpolemica, TheSoldierElite, keelategusta, Sheezus, kiracorpsedoll, WiNwiNs-PaNpaN, Kole_Voli_Tebe, koolguy_8, koriyal, kyra_loves_yhu, l3and0er, latoriad, latte17, leobree, -_Ob3y_Ava_-, lolo-forever, lufts, luna123908, lunargentina, lvxry_, FrostBite-, ooPerkeleoo, Marlen-, maddiemnm, mai_the_pirate, marysa-15-loveme, masquara-hottie, meera1894, megan4736, mickiejames411, miicherrypiie, mirelalaka, mizzbabygirl17, mmxvi, -KittyKatt, DONTTRUSTANYBODY, nicki_boo_swagg, notausername, IMadeYou_Kat, ohscrewthename, MrsWhatsHerName, ItsKait, oni_giri, owls-and-zebras, Secret_Side, pink_still_luv-u, princesscutepie1, ITrvppJayyI, r0cknr0l1, raad-, ronicol, rxzorno, disclosure, seashellmel, shaylie_love, starbite_panda, stfuxpeydan, sudnifient101, sunnytrm, suppastar13, sweety_pinky, t0kii_d0kii, taco_bro, ItsNotSerious, QuarkShark, terrorbyte, the1randomguy, tjmeeez, toni-rocks247, travisliketrains, tyler1109, vampire-sugarush, vigesimation, Lycanroc, -S-w-e-r-v-eeeee, wats_the_p0int, whiskey-_-, winkywow101, ObeyAnnie, x-neelan-x, xdropxdeadxlowx, xhardcorechiickx, xhello_kittyx123, Accused, xx---kimmie---xx, xxlili_badxx, S1LENC3R, xxxf0reverxxx, xxxsexygurl1xxx, RunawayYeezy, xx_thecookie_xx, x_jassy_x, x_newbie_x, yun6_joka, zoesykes, zoeybigboss, zombie_cupcakess, zyphar, HighOffTy-x, _haii_derr_, _idkidk_, _keylaaaxo, _mindlesscaylah_, _smexy_crazy, KawaiiHippie, ___supermark
Old 26th July 2009   #2
zayleus
Forum Megastar

Level: 40
Level up: 10%
Default Re: A question about signatures? ALL YOUR ANSWERS HERE!!

Ohmy.. This is very helpful!! Must've taken forever to put together.
It was very sweet of you to take the time to make this.
Old 26th July 2009   #3
courtney-x3x3
Forum Junior

Level: 8
Level up: 52%

Thank you, i'm Courtney by the way i just wanna make friends in the forum. I don't fit in Meeznation, great tutorial.
The Following 5 Meezers Support courtney-x3x3's Post:
Old 26th July 2009   #4
babygirl5446
Forum Superstar

Level: 30
Level up: 51%

This is very helpful thank you :]
The Following 6 Meezers Support babygirl5446's Post:
Old 26th July 2009   #5
calou
French girl

Quote:
zayleus wrote: View Post

Ohmy.. This is very helpful!! Must've taken forever to put together.
It was very sweet of you to take the time to make this.
indeed it took me a long time to do it, about 2days (seriously) but i made it a while ago...i posted it in the tutorial forums, aqua stickied it, but i was adviced to post it hear to so i did!! I feel like this'd be much more useful and popular here, in the hope it will remove some siggy related questions in the question forum!

Quote:
courtney-x3x3 wrote: View Post

Thank you, i'm Courtney by the way i just wanna make friends in the forum. I don't fit in Meeznation, great tutorial.
hi courtney! Glad to meet you! I understand why you prefer to make friend in the forums, meez nation tends to be rather chaotic in my opinion. I much of a forum goer too.
Quote:
babygirl5446 wrote: View Post

This is very helpful thank you :]
you're welcome! Glad to see i'm being helpful!
The Following 4 Meezers Support calou's Post:
Old 27th July 2009   #6
calou
French girl

Bringing up the thread!
The Following 3 Meezers Support calou's Post:
Old 27th July 2009   #7
ohscrewthename
✲ Kaleidoscopic ✲

Merci Calou!

It's so sweet of you to help people out with creating signatures. Very thoughtful and helpful.

The Following 4 Meezers Support ohscrewthename's Post:
Old 28th July 2009   #8
steven76
Forum Megastar

Level: 48
Level up: 21%

I'm a 9er so I'd better get on it! Thanks for the 411!
The Following 2 Meezers Support steven76's Post:
Old 4th August 2009   #9
calou
French girl

Back to the top for those who need it...
The Following Meezers Support calou's Post:
Old 4th August 2009   #10
steven76
Forum Megastar

Level: 48
Level up: 21%

I'm testing it right now. And I do mean, now!

Harry Caray (March 1, 1914-February 18, 1998)
Skip Caray (August 12, 1939-August 3, 2008)
The Following 5 Meezers Support steven76's Post:

Reply  Post New Thread