Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th May 2016   #31
abstractart
Meez Overlord

Level: 54
Level up: 34%
Activity: 19%
Default Re: Unpopular Opinions Thread Pt.2

Unpopular for anyone who hasn't had to deal with them personally because it hurts their feelings despite being a readily accepted truth among travellers everywhere, but Chinese tourists/immigrants are some of the most infuriating people I've ever had the misfortune of being around. Coughing directly into the face of anyone beside them, hacking up and spitting phlegm directly onto the floor in public, changing their kids on mall benches/fast food tables, allowing said kid to piss in a cup or a trashcan if they can't get to a bathroom (follow the ones with the cargo shorts, fisherman hat and camera around the neck and see for yourself) and absolutely no sense of how to form a line or walk in a straight direction. If you're standing still, they'll shove past you. If you need to get by, they'll stand right in your way and talk. If you're a novelty to them (really dark skin, multiple tattoos, etc) expect them to openly point, snap photos and talk about you. Sitting in a public place? Expect their child to wander up to your table and do whatever it wants while they sit and do nothing. Visiting historically important sites? Better disregard the rules and signs and litter, loiter and touch/deface whatever it is for a photo opportunity.

It seems like the ones who come from major cities don't have these kinds of issues, but the bumpkins do. I don't buy into the whole "respect the culture" bullshit either. I wouldn't even think of going into someone else's country and treating it like I owned the place and ignoring their etiquette, there should be mutual respect. Shitting on the ground in an alley isn't part of your culture, if the country hosting you has facilities, use them. And before I get anyone moralizing, I'm not saying I Asians are awful. I'm saying Asian tourists have a very well deserved reputation for being terribly rude. Same goes for a lot of Westerners, yet no one loses their shit when that's brought up.
Old 30th May 2016   #32
sleepysage
Forum Megastar

Level: 35
Level up: 4%
Activity: 0%

Quote:
abstractart wrote: View Post

Unpopular for anyone who hasn't had to deal with them personally because it hurts their feelings despite being a readily accepted truth among travellers everywhere, but Chinese tourists/immigrants are some of the most infuriating people I've ever had the misfortune of being around. Coughing directly into the face of anyone beside them, hacking up and spitting phlegm directly onto the floor in public, changing their kids on mall benches/fast food tables, allowing said kid to piss in a cup or a trashcan if they can't get to a bathroom (follow the ones with the cargo shorts, fisherman hat and camera around the neck and see for yourself) and absolutely no sense of how to form a line or walk in a straight direction. If you're standing still, they'll shove past you. If you need to get by, they'll stand right in your way and talk. If you're a novelty to them (really dark skin, multiple tattoos, etc) expect them to openly point, snap photos and talk about you. Sitting in a public place? Expect their child to wander up to your table and do whatever it wants while they sit and do nothing. Visiting historically important sites? Better disregard the rules and signs and litter, loiter and touch/deface whatever it is for a photo opportunity.

It seems like the ones who come from major cities don't have these kinds of issues, but the bumpkins do. I don't buy into the whole "respect the culture" bullshit either. I wouldn't even think of going into someone else's country and treating it like I owned the place and ignoring their etiquette, there should be mutual respect. Shitting on the ground in an alley isn't part of your culture, if the country hosting you has facilities, use them. And before I get anyone moralizing, I'm not saying I Asians are awful. I'm saying Asian tourists have a very well deserved reputation for being terribly rude. Same goes for a lot of Westerners, yet no one loses their shit when that's brought up.
i've witnessed this first hand on multiple occasions, it happened to me just last week in panera. And of course, as always, i was too kind to be like "get your kid away from me, i'm trying to enjoy my food."

a lot of the things you touched on i have witnessed first hand actually. Probably because i live in a big city. So yeah, i agree with this.
The Following Meezers Support sleepysage's Post:
Old 30th May 2016   #33
x--mycatsdrug--x
literal sewer rat

Level: 84
Level up: 69%

I agree with you Jarrett, no support.

But from experience, Mexicans are just as bad. They let their children do whatever the **** they want, run around in stores, break stuff and stare at people until you think your soul is above to leave your body. I actually really hate kids because of my cousin. I was sitting down and minding my own business and my cousin (with the flu) licks my hand and everyone thought it was cute, but I also hate people's germs (for obvious reasons) and so I yelled at her (if I would have slapped her like I wanted to I would have gotten in SO much trouble because her parents have never spanked her before).

My aunt and uncle started bitching at me because the child was now crying. I'm sorry? Is your child a ****ing dog? Why would you let your child walk up to someone, with the flu, and ****ing lick them?

Also my cousins have no manners when it comes to being sick. Not covering their mouthes when they cough, sneezing in my ****ing face, purposely licking things, never washing their hands, or they'll cough or sneeze in their hands and touch ****ing everything.

I never did that shit as a child. I was taught to respect people's boundaries, cough away from people and cover my cough with my sleeve, sneez away from people and cover it, wash my hands after I cough or sneeze into my hands, not licking people who were sitting in a corner purposely trying to get away from a sick child, and when I'm sick I didn't throw fits for new toys or special things (like juce, blankets etc).

My unpopular opinion being I think kids are ****ing gross and I don't want to have kids if mine are poorly mannered. I doubt I'd let them get anywhere near close though.
Old 30th May 2016   #34
abstractart
Meez Overlord

Level: 54
Level up: 34%
Activity: 19%

Quote:
x--mycatsdrug--x wrote: View Post

I agree with you Jarrett, no support.

But from experience, Mexicans are just as bad. They let their children do whatever the **** they want, run around in stores, break stuff and stare at people until you think your soul is above to leave your body. I actually really hate kids because of my cousin. I was sitting down and minding my own business and my cousin (with the flu) licks my hand and everyone thought it was cute, but I also hate people's germs (for obvious reasons) and so I yelled at her (if I would have slapped her like I wanted to I would have gotten in SO much trouble because her parents have never spanked her before).

My aunt and uncle started bitching at me because the child was now crying. I'm sorry? Is your child a ****ing dog? Why would you let your child walk up to someone, with the flu, and ****ing lick them?

Also my cousins have no manners when it comes to being sick. Not covering their mouthes when they cough, sneezing in my ****ing face, purposely licking things, never washing their hands, or they'll cough or sneeze in their hands and touch ****ing everything.

I never did that shit as a child. I was taught to respect people's boundaries, cough away from people and cover my cough with my sleeve, sneez away from people and cover it, wash my hands after I cough or sneeze into my hands, not licking people who were sitting in a corner purposely trying to get away from a sick child, and when I'm sick I didn't throw fits for new toys or special things (like juce, blankets etc).

My unpopular opinion being I think kids are ****ing gross and I don't want to have kids if mine are poorly mannered. I doubt I'd let them get anywhere near close though.
I can understand culture shock and I know it takes a while to get accustom, but I think some things should be fairly apparent almost immediately. It's not to say that any one group is inherently rude intentionally, but the obliviousness shocks me sometimes. I just couldn't imagine going to China for example and putting my feet up and doing what I please without any regard for how shit is done over there. Seems like I'd be taking advantage of their hospitality.

---------- Post added 30th May 2016 at 09:52 AM ----------

I also wouldn't want to be beaten with a baton on the sidewalk by 12 of their police officers, so that's something.
Old 30th May 2016   #35
x--mycatsdrug--x
literal sewer rat

Quote:
abstractart wrote: View Post

I can understand culture shock and I know it takes a while to get accustom, but I think some things should be fairly apparent almost immediately. It's not to say that any one group is inherently rude intentionally, but the obliviousness shocks me sometimes. I just couldn't imagine going to China for example and putting my feet up and doing what I please without any regard for how shit is done over there. Seems like I'd be taking advantage of their hospitality.

---------- Post added 30th May 2016 at 09:52 AM ----------

I also wouldn't want to be beaten with a baton on the sidewalk by 12 of their police officers, so that's something.
That is true. There is no excuse to change a dirty diaper in public, on a restaurant table, of all things. Some people may argue that it's natural, but it's literally the same thing as shitting on the tables yourself. It's not breast feeding lmao

Also peeing in cups and trashcans? I was told to hold it or piss myself (my dad loooved me as a child...)
Old 30th May 2016   #36
hsien-ko
-

Level: 61
Level up: 85%
Activity: 57%

Supernatural is a terrible, boring show
Old 30th May 2016   #37
ticktickb00m
i'm a dapper dan man

Level: 98
Level up: 63%
Activity: 7%

Quote:
hsien-ko wrote: View Post

Supernatural is a terrible, boring show

^ yup
Old 30th May 2016   #38
x--mycatsdrug--x
literal sewer rat

Age has nothing to do with maturity... At all?

There are children who are more mature than most adults, just saying.
Old 30th May 2016   #39
hsien-ko
-

Level: 61
Level up: 85%
Activity: 57%

Harry Potter looks like a lame movie, and I really don't wanna waste my time watching it...
Old 30th May 2016   #40
x--mycatsdrug--x
literal sewer rat

Harry Potter is actually really good. I've not read the books, (oops judge me), but the movies are very well produced.

You'd understand everything better if you read the books though, for obvious reasons, but one reason to watch them is how cute Daniel Radcliffe is/used to be (also Emma Watson--Total hottie)

Reply  Post New Thread