Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th December 2012   #11
thisblasphemy

Level: 14
Level up: 62%
Activity: 0%
Default Re: How do atheists cope with death?

I've dealt with deaths in my family a few years ago.
I didn't pray or hope they have a good afterlife, nothing like that.
I hugged my family, I said my goodbyes, and then went home, remembered them, and lived my life.
Old 20th December 2012   #12
i-party-wit-lems
Forum Newbie

Koala is god
Old 20th December 2012   #13
-ExoticMia
Forum Senior

Level: 11
Level up: 36%
Activity: 0%

Quote:
incineration wrote: View Post

I can only assume that coping with the death of a loved one or friend must be harder, considering atheists don't believe in an afterlife, as opposed to a Christian who does believe in "heaven" and "hell". I,myself, am an atheist but fortunately have not dealt with a death of a loved one or friend.

How do you deal with it?Wouldn't you at least like to believe that there is more and you will see the person again other than just in the cemetery?
1.) Atheism is NOT a religion. It's the lack of believing in a god or gods.
2.) We don't necessarily believe in Heaven but, I for one do believe that our energy does go somewhere (into the world and or space etc.) when we pass.
Iv'e lost my mom when I was 4 and I do believe she is still out there. Not necessarily in Heaven but, she is somewhere. I do believe in the paranormal.
~Jayy♥

[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/03c77993e94bef60b63913c3cf8927ab/tumblr_mn892hdQMj1ss9lz5o2_250.gif[/IMG]

Closed Thread  Post New Thread