SHOP MEEZNATION GAMES MY MEEZ WHAT'S HOT

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th September 2008   #31
bananaz120
Forum Newbie

Level: 3
Level up: 82%
Activity: 0%
Default Re: Stupid names should be illegal.

And what do you think of these names???

Elianna Louise
Elias Joe
Norene Alina
Julius Eugene
Charlyne Marie
Alden Jay
Tiarah Nicole
Jayden Jerome
Old 2nd October 2008   #32
truth_questor
Forum Newbie

Level: 4
Level up: 72%

My mom doesn't like when siblings have names that share parts, like Brianna and Anna, Jonathan and Nathan, etc. I don't think that's "stupid", but some more originality would be nice. I completely agree regarding name meanings. It's so much more profound and meaningful when parents take the time to bestow upon their child a name full of significance, rather than just a name of which they liked the sound/look.
Old 3rd October 2008   #33
ilox
Forum Newbie

Level: 1
Level up: 22%

I knew a girl called Spefeca.....it s horrible :s
Old 3rd October 2008   #34
omgoshbananas

Level: 0 (Why?)

That is completely stupid. Although you're entitled to your opinion, parents are also to their opinion and their right. If you across the sea and land in India or China, they will think you're name is weird, and hell, it might mean something gross in their language. So what if their parents name their kid Lovettekida, they have the right to do that because it is their kid, not yours. How would you like it if someone came up to you and said you cannot name your kid Alicia or some simple overused American name and said its illegal to not end your child's name with -qua or -ria or -ez? I'm pretty sure you'd be pissed as ****. I'm pretty sure parents consider their child's future when they're naming them, they're not stupid.

I would like to name my girls with Arabic and/or Indian names, like Ishtar, Aishvari, Slaimah, Dalal, Anchaal, or Kala. In India and in the Middle East, these names have a lot of meaning. My name is Yissell and I used to hate it, but I've learned to appreciate its backround and uniqueness.

To illegalize naming the child you gave birth to, is illegal and inconstitutional within itself.
Old 9th October 2008   #35
yaiyaina
Forum Newbie

Level: 1
Level up: 55%

tHAT'S yOUR oPINION oF wHAT a nAME sHOULD BE aND nO eVERYbODY dOES nOT wANT tHE "COMMON WHITE NAMES" OF ASHLEY & JASMINE sO tHE aFRICAN aMERICAN cULTURE oPTS fOR uNIQUE nAMES,aND yES i sAID uNIQUE sO sUE mE,lIKE sOME sAID aBOVE & mORE & aS fAR aS "pUNCTUATION" iN a nAME. I hAVE tHREE THROUGHT mY nAME,mINE iS QUO-TA'SHA(LONG A AND THAT'S WHAT THE APOSTROPHE IS FOR-TO STRESS IT),aND tHAT'S jUST fIRST nAME sO iF yU cAN'T pRONOUNCE nAMES lIKE tHAT tHEN tHAT'S fINE bUT dON'T sTART bAD mOUTHING wHAT pEOPLE nAME tHEIR cHILDREN.yU jUST sTICK tO bRITTANY & tIFFANY! AND i'M uP fOR a dEBATE oVER tHIS(LMAO!)
-Ta'shA
Old 12th October 2008   #36
pippyredhead

Would the name Juliana be weird (my parents were going to name me that but chose Ana ;pronounced same as Anna instead.)

Also to the girl above me please type with your caplocks OFF and stop being so rude!
Old 12th October 2008   #37
trice320
TriceyTrice =)

Level: 85
Level up: 67%

I thought I posted on this thread
opps I didn't

I mean like
how dare you call somebody's name stupid
you never know the meaning behind the name
how would like if somebody called your child's
or even your name stupid

thats all I got to say
Northern Illinois University BOUND ! #NIU
Senior Class of 2012
Old 13th October 2008   #38
shwerlve_qu
Forum Newbie

Level: 4
Level up: 1%

Wow, in gr.4 i knew a kid and poor guy. His name was Asif.
No lie or anything, it was werid. You;d say "As if.." to something and he'd be like "what?"
Totally ceepy i think.
Old 15th October 2008   #39
tiadaria
Forum Junior

Level: 6
Level up: 39%

Quote:
omgoshbananas wrote: View Post

That is completely stupid. Although you're entitled to your opinion, parents are also to their opinion and their right. If you across the sea and land in India or China, they will think you're name is weird, and hell, it might mean something gross in their language. So what if their parents name their kid Lovettekida, they have the right to do that because it is their kid, not yours. How would you like it if someone came up to you and said you cannot name your kid Alicia or some simple overused American name and said its illegal to not end your child's name with -qua or -ria or -ez? I'm pretty sure you'd be pissed as ****. I'm pretty sure parents consider their child's future when they're naming them, they're not stupid.

I would like to name my girls with Arabic and/or Indian names, like Ishtar, Aishvari, Slaimah, Dalal, Anchaal, or Kala. In India and in the Middle East, these names have a lot of meaning. My name is Yissell and I used to hate it, but I've learned to appreciate its backround and uniqueness.

To illegalize naming the child you gave birth to, is illegal and inconstitutional within itself.
Um. I know tone gets lost on the internet, but this thread wasn't serious. I thought the note at the bottom saying it was for fun and humour would've tipped everyone off, buuuut...

I'm not rallying the troops to quite literally ban idiotic name choices (and yes, many names ARE idiotic). It was meant to generate a chuckle or two and maybe just maybe inspire some real, genuine thought to what so-called names some children are being given.

I also don't believe I referred to names that are merely in other languages.

But you'd be wrong in that little blanket statement talking about how parents aren't stupid. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's not exactly rocket science to breed, you know.
Old 15th October 2008   #40
lyndziehigdon
Forum Newbie

Level: 2
Level up: 71%

I must say there are some names that need to be ban and some parents need to be smacked! The parents that name their kids all the same should be shot that is pure laziness!

i worked at the hospital and I saw many women that thought the hospital named their kids...soem kids went home with names like Female and I actually say one go home with the name Gonorrhea because she thought the hospital named her kid that when really that was what she had...

I saw one family that decided to let their kids name their last baby, thats cool and unique but when the brother and sister were twins at the age of 4...the baby went home with the name Prince Froggy...really people give your kid a name not a fantasy. Also give them something they will not have to spell everytime they have to say it, Lyndzie is rough I couldnt imagine something like T'phanie pronounced Tiffany, that just sucks!

Closed Thread  Post New Thread