SHOP MEEZNATION GAMES MY MEEZ WHAT'S HOT

Closed Thread  Post New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 23rd September 2008   #11
candyxbaby
Forum Newbie
 
 
Level: 3
Level up: 96%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 78
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Are you that dense? Does the word crime not jump right out at you and make it pretty obvious I'm referring to illegal substances, and the fact that addiction is so overwhelmingly associated with drugs.
Old 23rd September 2008   #12
pristinepanda
Forum Megastar
 
 
Level: 37
Level up: 67%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 9,381
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Quote:
la_senorita_azul wrote: View Post

Not so obvious to me. More often than not, I have seen people very addicted to things that are perfectly legal.
Me for instance, used to get really bad withdrawal symptoms from not having caffeine. I used to wake up with a huge headache and felt like vomiting. Caffeine is perfectly legal but there is no doubt that I'm very addicted to it

But like I said, illegal or not, it's not the addiction that is a crime, it's being in possession of the drug that is a crime. They can't arrest you for being a crackhead, they have to find the drugs or paraphernalia on you.
__________________



Old 23rd September 2008   #13
dimebaghailey
Forum Star
 
 
Level: 27
Level up: 87%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 6,017
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Besides sex with little kids what else could be an addiction that is a crime? Murder?

come on of course drugs come to mind.
__________________
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, its a way of looking at life through the wrong end of the telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. Dr. Seuss is my lover.
Old 23rd September 2008   #14
candyxbaby
Forum Newbie
 
 
Level: 3
Level up: 96%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 78
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

There I fixed it.
Old 23rd September 2008   #15
candyxbaby
Forum Newbie
 
 
Level: 3
Level up: 96%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 78
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Quote:
dimebaghailey wrote: View Post

besides sex with little kids what else could be an addiction that is a crime? Murder?

come on of course drugs come to mind.
lol Thank you.
Old 23rd September 2008   #16
la_senorita_azul
*GOD TIER*
 
 
Level: 100
Level up: 0%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 50,174
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Quote:
candyxbaby wrote: View Post

Are you that dense? Does the word crime not jump right out at you and make it pretty obvious I'm referring to illegal substances, and the fact that addiction is so overwhelmingly associated with drugs.
Please, don't call me dense. I have seen more cases of addiction to legal substances than illegal ones during my life. You are rather ignorant to disregard my personal experiences with addiction, and the experiences of those that I know. I honestly don't think of illegal drugs at first when I hear the word "addiction". Why must you be so narrow-mided when I simply think of something slightly differently than you?
__________________
Old 23rd September 2008   #17
la_senorita_azul
*GOD TIER*
 
 
Level: 100
Level up: 0%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 50,174
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

But like I said before, I do think tat addiction is a disease.
__________________
Old 23rd September 2008   #18
wrodwin
Forum Junior
 
 
Level: 7
Level up: 58%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 374
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Addiction is a disease any way you slice it. Sure it's a crime to posses the substances, but that's part of the risk of letting your addiction rule your life. Some people have addictive personalities, so they are more prone to addiction. I don't think that it's a crime, it's an addiction/disease.
Old 23rd September 2008   #19
candyxbaby
Forum Newbie
 
 
Level: 3
Level up: 96%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 78
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Quote:
la_senorita_azul wrote: View Post

Please, don't call me dense. I have seen more cases of addiction to legal substances than illegal ones during my life. You are rather ignorant to disregard my personal experiences with addiction, and the experiences of those that I know. I honestly don't think of illegal drugs at first when I hear the word "addiction". Why must you be so narrow-mided when I simply think of something slightly differently than you?
How am I being narrow minded? Like I said... CRIME honey... Think of the word crime before you answer about pop or chocolate or whatever it is that you or your loved ones are hooked on, k?
Old 23rd September 2008   #20
candyxbaby
Forum Newbie
 
 
Level: 3
Level up: 96%
Activity: 0%
Posts: 78
Status: Offline
Default Re: Addiction is a crime, not a disease.

Quote:
wrodwin wrote: View Post

Addiction is a disease any way you slice it. Sure it's a crime to posses the substances, but that's part of the risk of letting your addiction rule your life. Some people have addictive personalities, so they are more prone to addiction. I don't think that it's a crime, it's an addiction/disease.
I do not agree what so ever. It is your CHOICE to participate in the crime to begin with. You know full well what the drug is capable of doing and that addiction is an option. You choose to do it over and over again and you choose not to stop or get help and LET it rule your life. IMO

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:30 AM.
To change your timezone, use 'Edit Options' under the 'Settings' menu.




Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.