Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 31st August 2012   #1
aspiringwriter
Forum Maniac

Level: 21
Level up: 88%
Activity: 0%
Default Tutorials you found on the internet

Okay i don't know if this is a good idea or not, but i'd just like to start out by saying that none of this art is MINE, so i'm not taking any credit, all credit goes to owner , it's just something i found and thought you guys would think useful.

I always find drawing tutorials in the weirdest places of the internet and thought i would make a thread where you could just post tutorials you found/ or it could even be one you made.

It's just there's a lot of good stuff out there, you just have to dig deep! And if i found this tutorial on dA then i would probably just favorite it and go on with my life,

but there are alot of other tutorials lingering out there besides the ones on deviantart!

So go ahead and post any useful tutorials you've found on deviantart, or any other website, because i think it would help me and alot of other people too

I found this one here on tumblr and this is who made it: nihilnovisubsole

Last edited by aspiringwriter; 31st August 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 31st August 2012   #2
treallmarkers
Carpe Diem.

Level: 49
Level up: 48%
Default Re: Tutorials you found on the internet

I enjoyed this.
but i don't pay attention when drawing suits.
kinda just draw the english cut suit.
Old 31st August 2012   #3
caira-the-cat
Forum Megastar

Level: 39
Level up: 89%

I draw collar shirts enough to love that tutorial XD

I like this idea though! I'm gonna just dump a few of my favorite tutorials here c:

Thank you, Delphox!
Ashley
Tumblr | Art Blog | Deviantart | Instagram |
The Following Meezers Support caira-the-cat's Post:
Old 31st August 2012   #4
gileenn

Level: 38
Level up: 97%

These are helpful, i'll be sure to check back to learn new things or to show you guys some tuts i liked

Old 7th September 2012   #5
aspiringwriter
Forum Maniac

http://tamouraka.tumblr.com/post/310...perkianagalaxy

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:24 PM ----------

• DAY 1. Paint a BG
  • DAY 2. Draw a figure in perspective
  • DAY 3. STILL-LIFE DAY don’t go crazy but you know, challenge yourself maybe do something a bit more complicated then a rubber ball in direct sunlight
  • DAY 4. Draw a animal you’ve never drawn before
  • DAY 5. Paint a picture using a limited palette, you can get those anywhere but here are some sites
  • DAY 6. Draw a figure in: 1 hour, 30 min, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds
  • DAY 7. Put your ipod on shuffle and play the first song it gives you. illustrate that song. If you have a zune get the **** off my blog you heretic
  • DAY 8. 2 POINT PERSPECTIVE DAY
  • DAY 9. Draw the same picture 3 times with 3 different compositions
  • DAY 10. STYLE DAY 1 - pick a artist with a unique style and emulate it!
  • DAY 11. STYLE DAY 2 - pick a artist with a unique style and emulate it!
  • DAY 12. STYLE DAY 3 - pick a artist with a unique style and emulate it!
  • DAY 13. Watch a movie or episode of a show that you find visually appealing. While watching draw thumbnails of shots that catch your eye and try to articulate why it’s visually appealing/why it works
  • DAY 14. Paint another BG but it has to be different than the one you did DAY 1 SO if you painted a outdoors scene, do a interior if you painted a tree try some water w/e
  • DAY 15. Do a lineart, then swap with a friend who also did a lineart and color each other’s pictures. If you don’t have friends then make some ok
  • DAY 16. Paint a portrait of your favorite celebrity (mine is adrian brody!!)
  • DAY 17. Do another limited palette picture b/cuz they’re easy and fun but this time after you’re done INVERT THE PALETTE (CTRL + I in photoshop) AND PAINT A DIFFERENT PICTURE whoa
  • DAY 18. Close your eyes and draw 3 random shapes with your non-dominant hand, then turn those shapes into legit draws
  • DAY 19. MAGICAL GIRL DAY **** ok go to here and draw the first 3 you get. I guess you could use any of the other generators but why would you want to?
  • DAY 20. Pick a body part you have trouble with, find a bunch of photo references (or use yourself/a friend that you should have made by now) and fill up a whole page/canvas with studies
  • DAY 21. 3 POINT PERSPECTIVE DAY
  • DAY 22. random.org 1-648 3x. Gijinka the corresponding pokemon no cheating yes metapod is 9 kinds of lame but do it anyway this is about growth i’m already trying to make it fun quit bitching. If you don’t like pokemon go to wikipedia and hit “random page” until you get 3 animals and gijinka them.
  • DAY 23. Draw the keyframes of a walk cycle
  • DAY 24. This is a project i did in my intro to drawing for non-majors class (aka confused business majors who need a fine arts gen ed and couldn’t get into ceramics). Pick a ancient culture that you’re interested in (aka not contemporary japan you giant child) and find a sculpture or piece of art (3D works best) that really speaks to your heart or some shit. Render it as realistically as possible. This may seem odd but it was a weirdly engaging project for me except you have it easy b/cuz i had to recreate it on a 4ft x 8ft canvas in ink and, while engaged, i also wanted to ****ing die the entire time (almost 2 weeks) so that’s the feeling you should be aiming for here
  • DAY 25. YOU’RE GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY DAY! Find the oldest picture you have and redraw it for a quick and dirty self-esteem boost
  • DAY 26. Have a friend draw you 3 very rough gestures and then you finish them. If you still don’t have friends you have bigger problems than needing to work on your art i gave you 10 days to find a buddy which is pretty generous i think
  • DAY 27. Pick 3 basic geometric shapes, design 3 characters utilizing those shapes
  • DAY 28. Find a book, open to a random page and draw the 2nd sentence
  • DAY 29. Pick a character (whatever) and draw them happy, sad and angry. Be consistent and push the expressions/pose
  • DAY 30. Real talk nobody ever makes it to day 30 i could pretty much say anything here and it wouldn’t matter at all. I’m making this day about me, this is my day, national johre day. Draw yourself god tierwhile listening to really cool music. Pretend you are really a god wearing cool pajamas and have amazing powers and are not actually a disenchanted alcoholic woman lost in the financial abyss of post-university life help me

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:25 PM ----------

(ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ้้้้้้้้้)
(◡﹏◡✿)
(⊙﹏⊙✿)
(◕﹏◕✿)
(◕‿◕✿)
(◕︿◕✿)
(◡‿◡✿)
(◡︿◡,✿)
(◡︿◡✿)
(⊙‿⊙✿)
(⊙︿⊙✿)
(⊙△⊙✿)
(◡△◡✿)
(◕△◕✿)
(◠△◠✿)
(´◡ω◡`)
(´◕ω◕`)
(´⊙ω⊙`)
(´◠ω◠`)
(◕ω◕✿)
(⊙ω⊙✿)
(◡ω◡✿)
(◠ω◠✿)
(◠︿◠✿)
(◠﹏◠✿)
(◠‿◠✿)
(●ω●✿)
(●︿●✿)
(●﹏●✿)
(●‿●✿)
(●△●✿)
★~(◡‿◕✿)
★~(◡﹏◕✿)
★~(◡△◕✿)
★~(◡ω◕✿)
★~(◡︿◕✿)
★~(◡︿⊙✿)
★~(◡ω⊙✿)
★~(◡‿◡✿)
★~(◡‿⊙✿)
★~(◠‿◕✿)
★~(◠︿⊙✿)
★~(◠ω⊙✿)
★~(◠△⊙✿)
★~(◠﹏⊙✿)
★~(◠︿◕✿)
★~(◠ω◕✿)
★~(◠△◕✿)
★~(◠﹏◕✿)
★~(◡︿◡✿)
★~(◡ω◡✿)
★~(◡△◡✿)
★~(◡﹏◡✿)
★~(◡︿⊙✿)
★~(◡ω⊙✿)
★~(◡△⊙✿)
★~(◡﹏⊙✿)
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕﹏◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕︿◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕△◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~『✧~*DICKS*~✧』
(ノ◕﹏◕)ノ~『✧~*DICKS*~✧』
(ノ◕︿◕)ノ~『✧~*DICKS*~✧』
(ノ◕‿◕)ノ~『✧~*DICKS*~✧』
(ノ◕ω◕)ノ~『✧~*DICKS*~✧』
(ノ◕△◕)ノ~『✧~*DICKS*~✧』
(ノ⊙ω⊙)ノ~『✧~*BOOBS*~✧』
(ノ⊙ヮ⊙)ノ~『✧~*BOOBS*~✧』
(ノ⊙‿⊙)ノ~『✧~*BOOBS*~✧』
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
¬_¬
ಠ_ಠ
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz
°٢°
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
ʘ‿ʘ
(°ロ°)☝
ಥ⌣ಥ
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)
(ノ゜∇゜)ノ
(n゜∇゜n)
♫ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)♪
♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩
(*ノ・ω・)ノ
ヽ(・ω・ヽ*)
♪(*ノ・ω・)ノ♫
♩ヽ(・ω・ヽ*)♬
(″・ิ_・ิ)っ
(☞゚∀゚)☞
∑(゜Д゜
(´・ω・`)
<丶´Д`>
( ;´Д`)
┐('~`;)┌
(*´Д`)ハァハァ
( ゚д゚)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*: ・゚✧
(▰˘◡˘▰)
∩(︶▽︶)∩
•ᴥ•
( • )( •ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
(≖‿≖✿)
(。≖‿≖。✿)
(≖﹏≖✿)
(。≖﹏≖。✿)
(≖︿≖✿)
(。≖︿≖。✿)
(≖△≖✿)
(。≖△≖。✿)
(≖ω≖✿)
(。≖ω≖。✿)
( • )( •ԅ(≖﹏≖ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(。≖﹏≖。ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(≖△≖ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(。≖△≖。ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(≖︿≖ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(。≖︿≖。ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(≖ω≖ԅ)
( • )( •ԅ(。≖ω≖。ԅ)
( ; ; )
(T_T)
( TДT)
(ToT)
(T▽T)
(‘A`)
(;_・)
(T_T)
((T.T; )
(; T.T))
(;へ:)
(ノД`)・゜・。
・(/Д`)・
(´_`。)
(´Д`。)
(´A`。)
(´∩`。)
。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。
(┳Д┳)
(´;д;)
(*´;ェ;`*)
。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。
(。┰ω┰。)
(゜´Д`゜)
(iДi)
(´;ω;`)
。゚(゚ノД`゚)゚。
ヽ(´□`。)ノ
(゚´Д`゚)゚
{{p´Д`q}}
ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚
( p_q)
.・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
(个_个)
((´д`))
( ≧Д≦)
。゜(`Д´)゜。
(。┰ω┰。)
p(´⌒`。q)
(/□\*)・゜
((o(;△o))
(; ̄д ̄)
(ㄒoㄒ)
⊙︿⊙
o(╥﹏╥)o
o(;△;)o
(;*△*
(´_`)
╥﹏╥
(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
(∩︵∩)
(╯︵╰,)
(︶︹︺)
(╥_╥)
(╯︵╰,)
(ノ´_ゝ`)ノ

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:27 PM ----------

9 Ways to Generate Your Best Ideas
Idea generation is often seen as the magic side of creativity, and although I love the magic of it, I also feel like I have learned there is a practical side to it as well.
The great idea spirit seems as unpredictable as the weather. Don’t get me wrong, I agree that idea generation has a mystical side, I just think we have more power to be the catalyst of this spirit than many creatives believe.
Here are 9 ways to flip your own idea generation switch:
1. Think Hard & Then Let Go
This idea comes from Jonah Lehrer in his talk for 99u.com. Basically proof that the epiphany moment actually comes from a state in your mind when you are unfocused!
This is so true because often I will get so worked up trying to come up with an idea, let go, leave the ‘drawing board’ and take a shower or go on a walk and BAM! The idea pops into my head!

2. Brainstorm Ideas You don’t Intend to Use
This is such an important practice and it takes the relaxed approach from number 1 on this list. When you brainstorm ideas that you don’t intend to use, you are free to fail, the pressure is off. This is where the good ideas are often born.

3. Sketchbook / Notepad
Figure out a system that works for you. If you are like me you grew up with a ton of sketchbooks that you started strong with, but only filled in the first couple pages. Start small if it’s a struggle. The true point of this needs to be something you can always have on you to catch those breakthroughs when they happen. I consistently use my iphone to note ideas.

4. Get a Brainstorm Partner
My wife is my brainstorm partner (she doesn’t really have a choice). I run all of my ideas by her, and she is so honest that it used to actually scare me, BUT this is what you are looking for in a brainstorm partner. You need someone who can quickly identify when ideas have no merit at all, and to help you discuss and develop the good ones before you actually get started. You especially need this if you do your primary mental processing externally.

5. Cling to the Constraints
Idea generation can be daunting when the paper is completely blank. A good practice to is to fill that blank sheet with what you do know. If this is for a specific purpose, list the requirements. If this is for yourself, list what you want to get out of it. If this is for a specific topic, list what you already know about it, list what other people have told you, research and list what you can find. Ideas can be so elusive and cloudy, constraints and requirements give us something to hold onto in this uncertain and mystical area. This is a great talk from Katie Hawkins-Gaar on the importance of limitations or constraint.

6. Start with First Idea, Then Go Back to the Drawing Board
Sometimes your best ideas come in the middle of the execution of other ideas. So if you are having a hard time coming up with more than one idea, and you don’t feel good about that idea, just get started anyway. Sometimes the project becomes more clear when you are actually working on it. While you execute that first idea, you may start to understand what’s not working with the idea, and this gives you a good springboard for brainstorming new ideas.

7. Loosen Your Brain with Free Association
Just start writing or talking. This practice loosens my mind. I find it really easy to talk nonsense, if you know me very well at all you probably already know this. Often though in this silliness I find a creative groove. Free association is a Freudian psychological practice where the patient just speaks what comes to mind. Personally I like to get into this pattern and then start the ideation process.

8. Observe the Pattern
Look back, when do you create your best ideas? Sometimes it’s hard to see how it happened, but if you look at enough of these moments a pattern should emerge. For me it has often been a certain type of music, and depending on the type of idea I am looking for, I will put on a specific type of music.

9. Start the Day Over with a Nap
Michael Hyatt, a well known leadership blogger, is a big supporter of daily naps. He even wrote a blog post about it. I can’t say I support daily naps for everyone, I can’t practice it daily, but I do love Winston Churchill’s ideas on napping. He believed it was like starting your day twice. I love this because it’s sort of a restart button on your day. If you have the opportunity and your brain goes into gridlock and you can’t think of any ideas, take a short nap. When you wake up your mind will definitely be in a different place because you literally can’t sleep without your mind changing states.
Learning how to come up with ideas consistently will make or break your creative path, so it’s important to find what works for you.
How did you come up with your best idea?

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:33 PM ----------

I’ve compiled a list of 30 animals that I rarely see people talking about on Tumblr that you can also find a good amount of reference photos and information about online. Basically the challenge is to turn these animals into people or anthros (or draw them just as they are if that’s what you want). Just have fun with it and learn about some new and different creatures!
  1. Eastern Red Bat
  2. Yellow-bellied sea snake
  3. Matschie’s Tree Kangaroo
  4. Broad-bordered Bee Hawk-moth caterpillar
  5. Broad-bordered Bee Hawk-moth
  6. Bactrian Camel
  7. Araripe Manakin
  8. Tomato Frog
  9. Sloth Bear
  10. Nembrotha Cristata
  11. Dhole
  12. Candy Crab
  13. Zebra-Tailed Lizard
  14. Bay Cat
  15. Whitemargin Unicornfish
  16. Spiny Flower Mantis
  17. Saiga Antelope
  18. Gundi
  19. Slender-Snouted crocodile
  20. Golden Snub-Nosed Monkey
  21. Fossa
  22. Coconut Octopus
  23. Blue Crane
  24. Golden Mole
  25. Ribbon Seal
  26. Four-Eyed Turtle
  27. Indri
  28. Horn Shark
  29. Takin
  30. Pink Fairy Armadillo

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

We’ve gotten quite a few Asks regarding making a villain or antagonist a likable, sympathetic, or relatable character. So we’re making you a master post. Enjoy.
Sympathetic Characters:
What makes readers feel sympathetic towards a character?
The best, most genuine way to write a character that people will sympathize with is to take the time and create a round, realistic character with motivations and feelings that are understandable to the audience. Because humans are naturally inclined to feel empathy for each other, they will sympathize with almost anyone who they can see themselves in. If at any point the reader is thinking something like ‘I could see myself feeling or acting this way’, you’ve got them. There is a difference between disagreeing with a characters’ actions and judging them- you want your audience to only disagree (if at all).

Antagonist:
We’ve used ‘villain’ in the title, but it’s probably better to use the term ‘antagonist.’
Antagonist:
noun
1. A person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.
2. The adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama orother literary work: Iago is the antagonist of Othello.(Dictionary.com)
Actually, an antagonist doesn’t have to be a person, depending on what kind of conflict you are writing. You can have a story without an antagonist, or a story that lacks an overarching antagonist as well. However, for the purposes of this post, when we say ‘antagonist’, we mean any person who engages in a major conflict with the protagonist of the story.

(Put it together for) Sympathetic Antagonists:
What makes readers feel sympathetic towards the antagonist of a story?
Real people are often hard to pin down as ‘evil’ or ‘good’, rather, they do good or evil things. Though your antagonist might do things that the audience does not agree with, if the reader can understand your character’s motivations, they will have a harder time condemning them altogether. When I say ‘sympathetic’, I don’t mean that the reader has to agree with that character’s actions, or even like them- rather, the sense that the character is not so different from the reader is what makes an antagonist ‘sympathetic’. As C put it, “The reader can SEE that the villain has good qualities, but their actions work against the hero.”

A few methods:
Backstory: The scary thing about nature vs. Nurture thinking is that we still don’t know how much of our actions are influenced by genes, and how much by our environment. Therefore, most people, when presented with an account of how someone was shaped into who they are today by circumstances beyond their control, most readers will think, ‘that could have been me’.
Logic: While characters that are mentally unhealthy are popular for a villain role these days, I love a villain who has an excellent reason for what s/he’s doing. Take the antagonists behind the scenes in Ender’s Game, Graff and Anderson. They emotionally destroyed many children (including the protagonist), allowed one to die on their watch, and committed xenocide by proxy. But it was their plan to save the world.
Motivation: People can do things when they are angry, or insecure, or fearful, that they wouldn’t under other conditions. For example, fear makes people irrational. Nearly everyone has experienced this. If you have ever frantically crushed a spider under a book (poor book), then you can sympathize, even just a bit, with someone hurting other people because they are afraid.
This has been FYCD
C is a bamf.
Further Reading:
‘Writing The Bad Guy’
‘The Sympathetic Villain’
How To Create An Interesting Bad Guy
‘50 greatest villains in literature’
‘9 Most Sympathetic Villains’
‘Sympathetic Super Villains’
‘Wikipedia Sympathetic Villain’
‘Writing Sympathetic Villains’
‘Creating Sympathetic Villains’
‘Character Morality’
A few TV Tropes examples for inspiration:
Well-Intentioned Extremist
Visionary Villain
Hero Antagonist
Villain Protagonist
Ineffectual Sympathetic
Anti Villian

We’ve gotten quite a few Asks regarding making a villain or antagonist a likable, sympathetic, or relatable character. So we’re making you a master post. Enjoy.
Sympathetic Characters:
The best, most genuine way to write a character that people will sympathize with is to take the time and create a round, realistic character with motivations and feelings that are understandable to the audience. Because humans are naturally inclined to feel empathy for each other, they will sympathize with almost anyone who they can see themselves in. If at any point the reader is thinking something like ‘I could see myself feeling or acting this way’, you’ve got them. There is a difference between disagreeing with a characters’ actions and judging them- you want your audience to only disagree (if at all).

Antagonist:
We’ve used ‘villain’ in the title, but it’s probably better to use the term ‘antagonist.’
Antagonist:
noun
1. A person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.
2. The adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama orother literary work: Iago is the antagonist of Othello.(Dictionary.com)
Actually, an antagonist doesn’t have to be a person, depending on what kind of conflict you are writing. You can have a story without an antagonist, or a story that lacks an overarching antagonist as well. However, for the purposes of this post, when we say ‘antagonist’, we mean any person who engages in a major conflict with the protagonist of the story.

Real people are often hard to pin down as ‘evil’ or ‘good’, rather, they do good or evil things. Though your antagonist might do things that the audience does not agree with, if the reader can understand your character’s motivations, they will have a harder time condemning them altogether. When I say ‘sympathetic’, I don’t mean that the reader has to agree with that character’s actions, or even like them- rather, the sense that the character is not so different from the reader is what makes an antagonist ‘sympathetic’. As C put it, “The reader can SEE that the villain has good qualities, but their actions work against the hero.”

A few methods:
Backstory: The scary thing about nature vs. Nurture thinking is that we still don’t know how much of our actions are influenced by genes, and how much by our environment. Therefore, most people, when presented with an account of how someone was shaped into who they are today by circumstances beyond their control, most readers will think, ‘that could have been me’.
Logic: While characters that are mentally unhealthy are popular for a villain role these days, I love a villain who has an excellent reason for what s/he’s doing. Take the antagonists behind the scenes in Ender’s Game, Graff and Anderson. They emotionally destroyed many children (including the protagonist), allowed one to die on their watch, and committed xenocide by proxy. But it was their plan to save the world.
Motivation: People can do things when they are angry, or insecure, or fearful, that they wouldn’t under other conditions. For example, fear makes people irrational. Nearly everyone has experienced this. If you have ever frantically crushed a spider under a book (poor book), then you can sympathize, even just a bit, with someone hurting other people because they are afraid.
This has been FYCD
C is a bamf.
Further Reading:
‘Writing The Bad Guy’
‘Character Morality’
Visionary Villain
Hero Antagonist
Villain Protagonist
Ineffectual Sympathetic
Anti Villian

Sympathetic Characters:

Antagonist:
Antagonist:
noun

A few methods:
This has been FYCD
C is a bamf.
Further Reading:
‘Writing The Bad Guy’
‘Character Morality’
Visionary Villain
Hero Antagonist
Villain Protagonist
Ineffectual Sympathetic
Anti Villian

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:37 PM ----------

French

German
Italian
Spanish
Chinese
Japanese
Greek
American Sign Language
Esperanto
General Language Sites

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:37 PM ----------

French

German
Italian
Spanish
Chinese
Japanese
Greek
American Sign Language
Esperanto
General Language Sites

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:48 PM ----------

Viable Photoshop Inking Brushes

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:48 PM ----------

Viable Photoshop Inking Brushes

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:49 PM ----------

lillianjessica:
missgreenie14:
kibbits:
cosmicnaut:
ok so I literally just made the best discovery of my artistic career
it’s basically an easy to use pose-making program with a doll. You can pose it in any pose you can imagine and view it from any angle
and this program is entirely FREE
it’s a bit of a thing to get installed and set up so I’ll write a tutorial for it later but

i made that pose you see up there in like 5-6 minutes. This is ****ing revolutionary. I have such a problem with poses and this is a toy that is better than any artist mannequin you can have irl. Holy shit.
http://www.daz3d.com/
it’s called daz studio 4.5 and it’s in the free section if you wanna try to install it without me explaining

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:49 PM ----------

lillianjessica:
missgreenie14:
kibbits:
cosmicnaut:
ok so I literally just made the best discovery of my artistic career
it’s basically an easy to use pose-making program with a doll. You can pose it in any pose you can imagine and view it from any angle
and this program is entirely FREE
it’s a bit of a thing to get installed and set up so I’ll write a tutorial for it later but

i made that pose you see up there in like 5-6 minutes. This is ****ing revolutionary. I have such a problem with poses and this is a toy that is better than any artist mannequin you can have irl. Holy shit.
http://www.daz3d.com/
it’s called daz studio 4.5 and it’s in the free section if you wanna try to install it without me explaining

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:01 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:01 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:06 PM ----------

Artist: kakimari

Links:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:06 PM ----------

Artist: kakimari

Links:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:08 PM ----------

http://writeworld.tumblr.com/ http://writerlygold.tumblr.com/
http://thelonewritings.tumblr.com/
http://****yeahauthordog.tumblr.com/
http://typewriterdaily.tumblr.com/
http://ilovereadingandwriting.tumblr.com/
http://youknowyoureabookloverwhen.tumblr.com/
http://cloudsofink.tumblr.com/
http://amandaonwriting.tumblr.com/
http://im-a-writer.tumblr.com/
http://creativeprompts.tumblr.com/
http://writersrelief.tumblr.com/
http://whatwriterslove.tumblr.com/
http://a-writers-life.tumblr.com/
http://thebookgypsy.tumblr.com/
http://itsawriterthing.tumblr.com/
http://bookfessions.tumblr.com/
http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/
http://why-i-write.tumblr.com/
http://a-writers-littlethings.tumblr.com/
http://littlewriterthings.tumblr.com/
http://yeahwriters.tumblr.com/
http://judgementalbooksellerostrich.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahwebwritergiraffe.tumblr.com/
http://writingproblems.tumblr.com/
http://litmajorlemur.tumblr.com/
http://creativewritingstudentcrane.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahaspiringauthorbat.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahfantasywriterunicorn.tumblr.com/
http://ironicyawriterdog.tumblr.com/
http://confessions-of-writers.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahwriterleopard.tumblr.com/

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:08 PM ----------

http://writeworld.tumblr.com/ http://writerlygold.tumblr.com/
http://thelonewritings.tumblr.com/
http://****yeahauthordog.tumblr.com/
http://typewriterdaily.tumblr.com/
http://ilovereadingandwriting.tumblr.com/
http://youknowyoureabookloverwhen.tumblr.com/
http://cloudsofink.tumblr.com/
http://amandaonwriting.tumblr.com/
http://im-a-writer.tumblr.com/
http://creativeprompts.tumblr.com/
http://writersrelief.tumblr.com/
http://whatwriterslove.tumblr.com/
http://a-writers-life.tumblr.com/
http://thebookgypsy.tumblr.com/
http://itsawriterthing.tumblr.com/
http://bookfessions.tumblr.com/
http://writingprompts.tumblr.com/
http://why-i-write.tumblr.com/
http://a-writers-littlethings.tumblr.com/
http://littlewriterthings.tumblr.com/
http://yeahwriters.tumblr.com/
http://judgementalbooksellerostrich.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahwebwritergiraffe.tumblr.com/
http://writingproblems.tumblr.com/
http://litmajorlemur.tumblr.com/
http://creativewritingstudentcrane.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahaspiringauthorbat.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahfantasywriterunicorn.tumblr.com/
http://ironicyawriterdog.tumblr.com/
http://confessions-of-writers.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahwriterleopard.tumblr.com/

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:10 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:12 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

Tutorial on feet

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

Tutorial on feet

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:14 PM ----------

Tutorial on feet

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:15 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:15 PM ----------

Last edited by aspiringwriter; 7th September 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 7th September 2012   #6
aspiringwriter
Forum Maniac

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:17 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

#reference The Ultimate Guide to Writing Better Than You Normally Do

writeworld:
BY Colin Nissan

WRITE EVERY DAY
Writing is a muscle. Smaller than a hamstring and slightly bigger than a bicep, and it needs to be exercised to get stronger. Think of your words as reps, your paragraphs as sets, your pages as daily workouts. Think of your laptop as a machine like the one at the gym where you open and close your inner thighs in front of everyone, exposing both your insecurities and your genitals. Because that is what writing is all about.
DON’T PROCRASTINATE
Procrastination is an alluring siren taunting you to Google the country where Balki from Perfect Strangers was from, and to arrange sticky notes on your dog in the shape of hilarious dog shorts. A wicked temptress beckoning you to watch your children, and take showers. Well, it’s time to look procrastination in the eye and tell that seafaring wench, “Sorry not today, today I write.”
FIGHT THROUGH WRITER’S BLOCK
The blank white page. El Diablo Blanco. El Pollo Loco. Whatever you choose to call it, staring into the abyss in search of an idea can be terrifying. But ask yourself this; was Picasso intimidated by the blank canvas? Was Mozart intimidated by the blank sheet music? Was Edison intimidated by the blank lightbulb? If you’re still blocked up, ask yourself more questions, like; Why did I quit my job at TJ Maxx to write full-time? Can/should I eat this entire box of Apple Jacks? Is The Price is Right on at 10 or 11?
LEARN FROM THE MASTERS
Mark Twain once said, “Show, don’t tell.” This is an incredibly important lesson for writers to remember; never get such a giant head that you feel entitled to throw around obscure phrases like “Show, don’t tell.” Thanks for nothing, Mr. Cryptic.
FIND YOUR MUSE
Finding a really good muse these days isn’t easy, so plan on going through quite a few before landing on a winner. Beware of muses who promise unrealistic timelines for your projects or who wear wizard clothes. When honing in on a promising new muse, also be on the lookout for other writers attempting to swoop in and muse-block you. Just be patient in your search, because the right muse/human relationship can last a lifetime.
HONE YOUR CRAFT
There are two things more difficult than writing. The first is editing, the second is expert level Sudoku where there’s literally two goddamned squares filled in. While editing is a grueling process, if you really work hard at it, in the end you may find that your piece has fewer words than it did before. Which, is great. Perhaps George Bernard Shaw said it best when upon sending a letter to a close friend, he wrote, “I’m sorry this letter is so long, I didn’t have time to make it shorter.” No quote better illustrates the point that writers are very busy.
ASK FOR FEEDBACK
It’s so easy to hide in your little bubble, typing your little words with your little fingers on your little laptop from the comfort of your tiny chair in your miniature little house. I’m taking this tone to illustrate the importance of developing a thick skin. Remember, the only kind of criticism that doesn’t make you a better writer is dishonest criticism. That, and someone telling you that you have weird shoulders.
READ, READ, READ
It’s no secret that great writers are great readers, and that if you can’t read, your writing will often suffer. Similarly, if you can read but have to move your lips to get through the longer words, you’ll still be a pretty bad writer. Also, if you pronounce “espresso” like “expresso.”
STUDY THE RULES, THEN BREAK THEM
Part of finding your own voice as a writer is finding your own grammar. Don’t spend your career lost in a sea of copycats when you can establish your own set of rules. If everyone’s putting periods at the end of their sentences, put yours in the middle of words. Will it be incredibly difficult to read? Yes it will. Will it set you on the path to becoming a literary pioneer? Tough to say, but you’re kind of out of options at this point.
KEEP IT TOGETHER
A writer’s brain is full of little gifts, like a pińata at a birthday party. It’s also full of demons, like a pińata at a birthday party in a mental hospital. The truth is, it’s demons that keep a tortured writer’s spirit alive, not Tootsie Rolls. Sure they’ll give you a tiny burst of energy, but they won’t do squat for your writing. So treat your demons with the respect they deserve, and with enough prescriptions to keep you wearing pants.

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:22 PM ----------

anon submitted:
wassup, I saw you use posemaniacs so I want to share a couple links for sites that have pretty much the same function, only they use real people and you can select animal poses too. Maybe you’ll find them useful
http://www.lovecastle.org/draw/
http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php/
http://www.quickposes.com/pages/gesture
Thank you! Bookmarking all of these!

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:23 PM ----------

I figured Id give some of my crap that i get refs from..cause..why the hell not?
some will be NSFW, some will be repeats from other Megaposts
—————————————-
Posemaniacs: http://www.posemaniacs.com/
Gesture drawing:
http://www.pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html
http://lovecastle.org/draw/index.php
Refs:
male- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/ic/5104/male-references
action- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/ic/5035/action-references
ladies- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/ic/5103/female-references
faces- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/ic/5782...xpression-dump
asses- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/s/10822/dat-ass-dump
tits- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/s/7794/...-and-hand-bras
strong wimmen- http://chanarchive.org/4chan/s/29811...sports-outfits
Hair: http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/
MOAR POSES: http://www.artsyposes.com/
Painting/drawing tips and tricks: http://www.ctrlpaint.com/
Color schemes:
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
http://kuler.adobe.com/#themes/rating?time=30
ABUNCH OF REALLY ****ING USEFULL INFO LIKE OH SHIT: http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/art_tut.htm#foreword
Environments: http://www.outdoor-photos.com/shuffle/
man-made environments: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=130470
thumbnail tips: http://www.autodestruct.com/thumbwar.htm
SHOUT OUT TO OTHER MEGAPOSTS:
http://kowareta.tumblr.com/post/11400136845
http://pipesandrage.tumblr.com/post/...umblr-accounts
http://brunettejubblies.tumblr.com/p...-link-megapost
http://chanarchive.org/4chan/ic/1868...rce-links-v2-0
Combat stuff: http://www.militarymorons.com/
I HAVENT EVEN FULLY LOOKED AT THIS YET BUT JIZZING: http://www.fengzhudesign.com/tutorials.htm
textures: http://www.texturemate.com/
Fonts: http://www.dafont.com/

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:24 PM ----------

Day 1 - Draw your main protagonist.
Day 2 - Draw your main protagonist’s love interest/partner. (if they have one)
Day 3 - Draw any other main protagonists or secondary protagonists.
Day 4 -Draw your main antagonist (and/or any secondary antagonists).
Day 5 - Are there any side characters you’re particularly fond of?
Day 6 - Draw your characters siblings if they have any.
Day 7 - Any other background or supporting characters you’d like to spotlight?
Day 8 - Draw your character (or their country’s) typical manner of dress.
Day 9 - Draw what a character would look like dressed in a different character/country’s clothing.
Day 10 - Draw two characters from your story that would be unlikely to meet or become friends.
Day 11 - Does a character have any hobbies or talents?
Day 12 - What is your character’s biggest secret?
Day 13 - Draw a younger/child version of your character.
Day 13 - What is a character like in the past?
Day 14 - What is a character like in the future?
Day 15 - What is a character’s biggest regret?
Day 16 - Draw out a character’s first romantic and/or sexual encounter.
Day 17 - Draw a character’s typical interaction with their friend and/or love interest.
Day 18 - Draw any random scene from your character’s story.
Day 19 - Crack pair: Draw any two characters that would never interact romantically.
Day 20 - Draw your character and their love interest/partner as if their roles were reversed.
Day 21 - Draw some fanservice (heh).
Day 22 - AU TIME - Draw any character(s) in a Genderbend!AU
Day 23 - AU TIME - Draw any character(s) in a modern day Gakuen!AU
Day 24 - AU TIME - Draw any character(s) in a Hogwarts!AU
Day 25 - AU TIME - Draw any character(s) in a Sci-fi!AU
Day 26 - AU TIME - Draw any character(s) in an Ancient Civilization!AU
Day 27 - AU TIME - Draw any character(s) in a Kemonomimi!AU
Day 28 - Draw some angst/tragedy.
Day 29 - Draw some UST.
Day 30 - Draw whatever your heart desires because you reached day 30 LOL. (how even did you manage to do this)
basically we got bored of the first 30 day meme we tried so we made our own more centered on drawing and original character development and just derp. Feel free to give it a whirl yourselves!

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

korralations:
probendermother:
hawkwardeye:
using the prompts below, write a drabble (or whatever) a day for the next 30 days. Find someone willing to hit you if you miss a day. Look back at the end and go ‘oh! I’m a writer!’.
beginning. Accusation. Restless. Snowflake. Haze. Flame. Formal. companion. Move. Silver. Prepared. Knowledge. Denial. Wind. Order. thanks. Look. Summer. Transformation. Tremble. Sunset. Mad. Thousand. outside. Winter. Diamond. Letters. Promise. Simple. Future.
((Starting tomorrow))

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:26 PM ----------

How to detect lies

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:27 PM ----------

Just add water tool photoshop

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

radioinactivity:
stefanpetrova:
PSDS
TEXTURES
TUTORIALS
ICONS
FONTS
DOWNLOADS
BRUSHES
  • (1) PsBrushes
  • (2) DevianArt
  • (3) Brusheezy
  • (4) Brushesdownload
THEMES
HQ SCREENCAPS

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:31 PM ----------

radioinactivity:
stefanpetrova:
PSDS
TEXTURES
TUTORIALS
ICONS
FONTS
DOWNLOADS
BRUSHES
  • (1) PsBrushes
  • (2) DevianArt
  • (3) Brusheezy
  • (4) Brushesdownload
THEMES
HQ SCREENCAPS

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:32 PM ----------

radioinactivity:
stefanpetrova:
PSDS
TEXTURES
TUTORIALS
ICONS
FONTS
DOWNLOADS
BRUSHES
  • (1) PsBrushes
  • (2) DevianArt
  • (3) Brusheezy
  • (4) Brushesdownload
THEMES
HQ SCREENCAPS

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:33 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

Old 7th September 2012   #7
aspiringwriter
Forum Maniac

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:43 PM ----------

fyeahphotoshop - lovephotoshop - ****yeahresources - photoshopfreebies - resourcenation - resourceshunter - noupe - sixrevisions - marcofolio - ahjussis - psc5 - photoshop-community themes
starlland - hbks - polinomial - themesbyla - northerndawn - themesbyrd - maraudersthemes - aryastark-s - quinni - everlark - confunded - sibunas - manatopia -themesbylena - sirmerlin - oh-mione - galeismineiamhis - stewheart - duckponds - lostmemento - aerou - gyapo - ihavehtml - emmelia - alanemakesthemes - jyuubi - the-dreamgirl - gnny - cocorini - nostalgia-themes - themesblaze - rthemes - sabedorias - stupidbloodyidiots - lovegoods - keverdeen - baudelaired - stupefykatniss - feelpayne - sirbarton - fukuo - elyxir - hkthemes - hmthemes - sherlocs - foxfacing - dystopie - bieberarts - labyrinthines - losdirections - rawrdianna - stelenadobsley - pevensied - zuvia - dailygranger - lufenia - vervainnecklace - selrauhl - harlequinthemes - magicblood - bieberarts - thatkidrauhlkid - ladytrinkets - horanland - dancebeforethedawn - c-gthemes - detoulouse - steferine - heartens - rainingfires - unfdrew - haffalump - xniallsgirlfriend - keverdeen - kidrauhl - cmbatman - markedandtied - acciozayn - thewicked-eternity - glowstick- - drunkniall - darkparadises - ninpen - hokshi - theironborn - sakurane - vilainz - notliketheothers - distances - ciasmos - loveablesinss - mystic-blood - icatchingfire - atidalwave - hale-benson - uncharteds - tashabartons - dimkabelikov - midnightsnitch - whatthefawkes - themesofthenight - starious - queenlouis - perfectpsychopath
tutorials
planets-bend-between-us - wicked-fate - fyeahtutorial - mirand-ah - callmebrandon - lovephotoshop - yeahps - fyeahphotoshoptutorials - lookbackseeforward - heartittutorials - tumblrbee - psd tuts + - psdlearning - simplypsd - acrisdesign - tutorialized - good-tutorials - big-tutorials
psds
gemmaarterton - rosebein - northerndawn - planets-bend-between-us - wicked-fate - recreatemepsd - drunkandcoloring - truesoulspsds - lovepsd - lecresta - -agoraphobia - psdvanity - fyeahpsds - ohpsds - psdsfactory - lovephotoshop - epic-psds - psdelicious - bellepsds -fyhpsd - yeahps - psds - psdland - everythingpsd - flawless-psds - heartitactions - rosepsds - paintmeapsd - coloring-mania - absinthefee - miejis
textures
msdaenerys - northerndawn - neverlands- - accioglow - halcyongillan - wicked-fate - ****bees - rosebein - planets-bend-between-us - gemmaarterton - slayground - finnickscleverfingers - -redux - mirand-ah - callmebrandon - castiel-winchester - heartitactions - damonelenaitalia - emmelia - grringirl - lookbackseeforward - yeahps - textureking - photoshoptextures - truesouls - stormwolves - psychadeliachild - ohmygryffindorr - colouresource - businessdrunk - jaehos - netherfields - sweettasteofbitter - psdjunkie - ohmygryffindorr - quinnanderson
brushes
deviantart - inobscuro - brusheezy - brushlovers - brushking - myphotoshopbrushes - free-brushes - getbrushes - lovelytrash - psbrushes - photoshoproadmap
fonts
dafont - acidfonts - urbanfonts - fontfreak - fontgarden - fontstock - fontsquirrel - actionfonts - 1001freefonts - fonts500 - acefreefonts - psyops - abstractfonts - creamundo - whatfontis - fontspace
other masterposts
lovephotoshop - lookbackseeforward - noiselessworld - bettingonkatniss - ayxieebz - robinhoodly - jaehos - miejis

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:43 PM ----------

fyeahphotoshop - lovephotoshop - ****yeahresources - photoshopfreebies - resourcenation - resourceshunter - noupe - sixrevisions - marcofolio - ahjussis - psc5 - photoshop-community themes
starlland - hbks - polinomial - themesbyla - northerndawn - themesbyrd - maraudersthemes - aryastark-s - quinni - everlark - confunded - sibunas - manatopia -themesbylena - sirmerlin - oh-mione - galeismineiamhis - stewheart - duckponds - lostmemento - aerou - gyapo - ihavehtml - emmelia - alanemakesthemes - jyuubi - the-dreamgirl - gnny - cocorini - nostalgia-themes - themesblaze - rthemes - sabedorias - stupidbloodyidiots - lovegoods - keverdeen - baudelaired - stupefykatniss - feelpayne - sirbarton - fukuo - elyxir - hkthemes - hmthemes - sherlocs - foxfacing - dystopie - bieberarts - labyrinthines - losdirections - rawrdianna - stelenadobsley - pevensied - zuvia - dailygranger - lufenia - vervainnecklace - selrauhl - harlequinthemes - magicblood - bieberarts - thatkidrauhlkid - ladytrinkets - horanland - dancebeforethedawn - c-gthemes - detoulouse - steferine - heartens - rainingfires - unfdrew - haffalump - xniallsgirlfriend - keverdeen - kidrauhl - cmbatman - markedandtied - acciozayn - thewicked-eternity - glowstick- - drunkniall - darkparadises - ninpen - hokshi - theironborn - sakurane - vilainz - notliketheothers - distances - ciasmos - loveablesinss - mystic-blood - icatchingfire - atidalwave - hale-benson - uncharteds - tashabartons - dimkabelikov - midnightsnitch - whatthefawkes - themesofthenight - starious - queenlouis - perfectpsychopath
tutorials
planets-bend-between-us - wicked-fate - fyeahtutorial - mirand-ah - callmebrandon - lovephotoshop - yeahps - fyeahphotoshoptutorials - lookbackseeforward - heartittutorials - tumblrbee - psd tuts + - psdlearning - simplypsd - acrisdesign - tutorialized - good-tutorials - big-tutorials
psds
gemmaarterton - rosebein - northerndawn - planets-bend-between-us - wicked-fate - recreatemepsd - drunkandcoloring - truesoulspsds - lovepsd - lecresta - -agoraphobia - psdvanity - fyeahpsds - ohpsds - psdsfactory - lovephotoshop - epic-psds - psdelicious - bellepsds -fyhpsd - yeahps - psds - psdland - everythingpsd - flawless-psds - heartitactions - rosepsds - paintmeapsd - coloring-mania - absinthefee - miejis
textures
msdaenerys - northerndawn - neverlands- - accioglow - halcyongillan - wicked-fate - ****bees - rosebein - planets-bend-between-us - gemmaarterton - slayground - finnickscleverfingers - -redux - mirand-ah - callmebrandon - castiel-winchester - heartitactions - damonelenaitalia - emmelia - grringirl - lookbackseeforward - yeahps - textureking - photoshoptextures - truesouls - stormwolves - psychadeliachild - ohmygryffindorr - colouresource - businessdrunk - jaehos - netherfields - sweettasteofbitter - psdjunkie - ohmygryffindorr - quinnanderson
brushes
deviantart - inobscuro - brusheezy - brushlovers - brushking - myphotoshopbrushes - free-brushes - getbrushes - lovelytrash - psbrushes - photoshoproadmap
fonts
dafont - acidfonts - urbanfonts - fontfreak - fontgarden - fontstock - fontsquirrel - actionfonts - 1001freefonts - fonts500 - acefreefonts - psyops - abstractfonts - creamundo - whatfontis - fontspace
other masterposts
lovephotoshop - lookbackseeforward - noiselessworld - bettingonkatniss - ayxieebz - robinhoodly - jaehos - miejis

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:44 PM ----------

tutorials
psds
textures
brushes
fonts
other masterposts

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:47 PM ----------

Old 7th September 2012   #8
aspiringwriter
Forum Maniac

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

Here’s a list of some fonts I find aesthetically pleasing. Enjoy! ↴
Belta | Dusseldorf | Orator Std | Print Clearly | Roboto | Claire Hand | Clip | Bebas Neue | Holmes | Mossy | Lead | Salamandre

whenigrowupiwannabeadonut:
or Yet Another Resources Masterpost
64 texture makers
-redux | accio-glow | awesomaticrobotronic | businessdrunk | byeolibichnan | callmebrandon | chaoticfae | colorscandy | colouresource | crazykira-resources | damonelenaitalia | demoniac | directiuns | emmahyphenjane | emmelia | everythingisinstock | felineofavenueb | finhabastos | frozendi | ****bees | gaystiel | gemmaarterton | grringirl | halcyongillan | heartitactions | innocentlexys | kimigasukidatta | leilax | lifeisdolce | lookbackseeforward | lookslikerain | miss-sushii | mirand-ah | mmorrow | msdaenerys | narcoticplease | netherfields | neverlands- | niall-horans | northerndawn | planets-bend-between-us | psdjunkie | purplebass | quinnanderson | ransie3 | rosebein | sanami276 | slayground | secondpsd | sirius-sdz | stormwolves | sweetmustard | sweettasteofbitter | texturize | thisslight | thorodinsons | tove91 | truesouls | veronicaglory | vikyvampirs90 | wicked-fate | yeahps | yellowlemon | yunhe
and if you need ALL the photoshop resources, I recommend ****ingphotoshop

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:51 PM ----------

Here’s a list of some fonts I find aesthetically pleasing. Enjoy! ↴
Belta | Dusseldorf | Orator Std | Print Clearly | Roboto | Claire Hand | Clip | Bebas Neue | Holmes | Mossy | Lead | Salamandre

whenigrowupiwannabeadonut:
or Yet Another Resources Masterpost
64 texture makers
-redux | accio-glow | awesomaticrobotronic | businessdrunk | byeolibichnan | callmebrandon | chaoticfae | colorscandy | colouresource | crazykira-resources | damonelenaitalia | demoniac | directiuns | emmahyphenjane | emmelia | everythingisinstock | felineofavenueb | finhabastos | frozendi | ****bees | gaystiel | gemmaarterton | grringirl | halcyongillan | heartitactions | innocentlexys | kimigasukidatta | leilax | lifeisdolce | lookbackseeforward | lookslikerain | miss-sushii | mirand-ah | mmorrow | msdaenerys | narcoticplease | netherfields | neverlands- | niall-horans | northerndawn | planets-bend-between-us | psdjunkie | purplebass | quinnanderson | ransie3 | rosebein | sanami276 | slayground | secondpsd | sirius-sdz | stormwolves | sweetmustard | sweettasteofbitter | texturize | thisslight | thorodinsons | tove91 | truesouls | veronicaglory | vikyvampirs90 | wicked-fate | yeahps | yellowlemon | yunhe
and if you need ALL the photoshop resources, I recommend ****ngphotoshop
Old 7th September 2012   #9
gileenn

Level: 38
Level up: 97%

Old 7th September 2012   #10
aspiringwriter
Forum Maniac

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

1. All living creatures, fictional or not, have anatomy. Equally true of an amoeba, an angle worm, a mastodon , and a Grinch.
  2. If you want believability in your characters, you must have visual consistency. In animation, each character must move according to its own anatomical limitations: Daffy duck must move with Daffy Duck’s anatomy, Donald Duck with Donald Duck’s structure. The amoeba’s anatomy seems to have only one restriction - its bulk; like an inflated baloon, it can vary its shape, but it cannot change its volume. That is, if you want a believable amoeba
  3. All animals - humanized animals or animalized animals - must appear to stand, walk , run or skip under the stablizing pressure of gravity in order to achieve believeability
  4. There is no sympathy without believability, no real laughter without sympathy.
  5. In the sympathetic recognition of any character there must be some evidence of one’s own self, one’s own weaknesses, one’s own mistakes, no matter how well self-concealed, buttoned down or pigeonholded.
  6. The flimmaker as well as the viewer must be able to find the character within himself. We cannot fashion personalities from what we SUPPOSE another person to be.
  7. If you start with character, you probably will end up with good drawings. If you start out with drawings you will almost certinly end up with limited characters, caught in the matrix of your limited drawing. Therefore…
  8. It is not what or where a character is, nor is it the circumsances under which he finds himself that determine who he is. It is only how in a unique way he responds to that enviorment and those circumstances that identifies him as an individual. Hopefully, an interesting character becomes interesting because of that uniqueness among his contemporaries.
  9. For identity, you do not DRAW differently, you THINK differently. It is the WHO of the character , not the WHAT that counts. Walk- through circus clowns depend upon WHAT they look like for their brand of comedy. That is WHAT they are. Comedians depend upon HOW they move for comedy and pathos - their wonderful who-ness.
  10. As the writer John Buchan said, you will never succeed in playing a part unless you convince yourself that you are it.
  11. Animation means to invoke life, not to imitate it.
  12. no great children’s book, film or fable was ever written for children. It was written for the witer, the artist , the flimmaker. Again, the mark of any ’ great work ’ for children, from one by Beatrix Potter to a book br Dr. Seuss , can be easily identified: if it can be read with pleasure by adults it is probably a very good, possibly a great, childrens book.
  13. you cannot write DOWN to an audience or to your subject. You must write UP to them with the certainty that you cannot ever do justice to your subject, but must bend every creative nerve and muscle of your heart and brain to its full capacity in an attempt to do so.
  14. The least you owe an audience is the best you can do
  15. No art form can exist without restrictive disciplines. Most of the great paintings in history have been caught in the terrible discipline of the rectangle. The flimmaker finds himself trapped in the exact and severe disciplines of both the rectangle an time. Most cinema features are in a time warm of 90 to 120 minutes, most animated cartoon shorts in a confinement of 6 minutes.
  16. You must not complain of your restrictions. If you cannot live with them, find a discipline you can live with.
—————————-
Above is a section from Chuck Jone’s book Chuck Reducks. I’ve bolded some of my favorite and most inspirational rules. Forgive me some spelling errors. I was staring at the book while I was typing so I wasnt really watching the screen haha.

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:56 PM ----------

So I’ve had a couple people ask me about how to get started on their own comic project, or how to get into making comics, so I’m gonna write some stuff about it.

It should be obvious, but writing a comic is a really big commitment! There are a lot of things that factor into this— how long you want your comic to run, how much work and time each page requires, how complex your story is. Writing good stories is hard, and in all likelihood, you will probably wind up drawing stuff that you don’t normally draw. Chances are, it’s going to be more effort than you first estimate.
Don’t be intimidated by the amount of work it takes, though— just be aware of the scope of the project you’re taking on! If you’re not sure you can handle a long-running serialized comic, maybe try a shorter comic first. See if you can encapsulate a story in only ten pages. Make a pilot for a bigger story you want to tackle later. Team up with an artist or writer and split the work. It’s okay to test the medium with something small! Don’t bite off more than you can chew, only to be burnt out later.

I’m assuming if you want to make a comic, you probably read and enjoy at least a few of them, but I’ll reinforce it: read lots of comics. See how other people do it. Steal like an artist. Watch movies. Analyze why you like them and why you don’t. Apply it to your story. Write down every single tiny idea that you get. Read books. Specifically, I’d highly recommend Characters & Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card and Making Comics by Scott McCloud. Expand your visual library. Figure out what you like, and apply it to what you make.

This should be pretty self-explanatory. If you’re going to write a comic, write it about something you care about. I think this is more important than making something that’s “marketable”, or that fits a certain niche— if you really care about what you’re creating, it’ll show.
Unless you’re making comics for a living (in which case, why are you even reading this, you probably already know what you’re doing) you should probably strive to enjoy what you’re creating. The more you love what you make, the less tedious it will be to make it.

Nothing stifles creativity more than realizing you haven’t planned past this point and have to make up the rest of the story by next week or your comic will have to end. Planning is really vital, especially if you’re going to be creating a long-running comic with regular updates. You should know the beginning and end of your story before you ever start drawing pages, and have at least a good idea of what’s going to go on in the middle. Even if you add, remove, or change things later, it’s better than having to make stuff up under a deadline.
The more you plan now, the less you have to fly by the seat of your pants and make things up under pressure. Art is a lot more flexible than story, and it’s likely that your work will improve as you work more in the medium, but it’s good to know what format you’ll be drawing in (strips, full-page, flash, or otherwise) and the tools you’ll be using to draw it. This is another reason why I highly recommend making a short-story comic on your first try— it may turn out that the tools you thought you should use are far more time-consuming and difficult than you anticipated! It’ll also help you gauge how long a page can take, which will help you make decisions in terms of style, coloring, and update schedule.

If you really want to try your hand at making comics, stop looking for excuses not to.
If you don’t have the time to create something large and epic which will take months or years to fully complete the story, make something smaller. If you don’t think your art is good enough, draw it anyway. If you don’t know how to write/draw, see if you can team up with someone who does. Make something that you can be proud of. Even if it turns out that comics aren’t really your bag, you won’t regret giving it a try.
So hey if you read this far CONGRATULATIONS you read this whole thing! If you like what I have to say you can always read my comic, Chaos, here at Smackjeeves or, alternately, on ComicFury, or even check it out here on tumblr if that’s your bag. I’ve also got an art blog, if you’d like to see what other not-comic stuff I actually draw. I hope this helps you! Go make some comics!

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:58 PM ----------

Are you still stuck for ideas for National Novel Writing Month? Or are you working on a novel at a more leisurely pace? Here are 102 resources on Character, Point of View, Dialogue, Plot, Conflict, Structure, Outlining, Setting, and World Building, plus some links to generate Ideas and Inspiration.
CHARACTER, POINT OF VIEW, DIALOGUE

10 Days of Character Building
Name Generators
Name Playground
The Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test
Priming the idea pump (A character checklist shamlessly lifted from acting)
How to Create a Character
Seven Common Character Types
Handling a Cast of Thousands – Part I: Getting to Know Your Characters
It’s Not What They Say …

Establishing the Right Point of View: How to Avoid “Stepping Out of Character”
How to Start Writing in the Third Person
Web Resources for Developing Characters
What are the Sixteen Master Archetypes?
Character: A compilation of guidance from classical and contemporary experts on creating great dramatic characters
Building Fictional Characters
Fiction Writer’s Character Chart
Character Building Workshop
Tips for Characterization
Villains are People, Too, But …
Top 10 Tips for Writing Dialogue
Speaking of Dialogue
Dialogue Tips
Advantages, Disadvantages and Skills (character traits)
How to Write a Character Bible
Character Development Exercises
All Your Characters Sounds the Same — And They’re Not a Hivemind!
Medieval Names Archive
Sympathy Without Saintliness
Writing the Other: Bridging Cultural Difference for Successful Fiction
Family Echo (family tree website)
Interviewing Characters: Follow the Energy
100 Character Development Questions for Writers
Behind the Name
Lineage Chart Layout Generator
PLOT, CONFLICT, STRUCTURE, OUTLINE
How to Write a Novel: The Snowflake Method
Effectively Outlining Your Plot
Conflict and Character within Story Structure
Outlining Your Plot
Ideas, Plots & Using the Premise Sheets
How to Write a Novel
Creating Conflict and Sustaining Suspense
Plunge Right In … Into Your Story, That Is!
Fiction Writing Tips: Story Grid
Tips for Creating a Compelling Plot
Writer’s “Cheat Sheets”
The Thirty-six (plus one) Dramatic Situations
The Evil Overlord Devises a Plot: Excerpt from Stupid Plotting Tricks
Conflict Test
What is Conflict?
Monomyth
The Hero’s Journey: Summary of the Steps
Outline Your Novel in Thirty Minutes
Plotting Without Fears
Novel Outlining 101
Writing the Perfect Scene
Fight Scenes 101
Basic Plots in Literature
One-Page Plotting
The Great Swampy Middle
SETTING, WORLD BUILDING
Magical World Builder’s Guide
I Love the End of the World
World Building 101
The Art of Description: Eight Tips to Help You Bring Your Settings to Life
Creating the Perfect Setting – Part I
Creating a Believable World
An Impatient Writer’s Approach to Worldbuilding
Fantasy Worldbuilding Questions
Setting
Character and Setting Interactions
Creating Fantasy and Science Fiction Worlds
Creating Fantasy Worlds
Questions About Worldbuilding
Maps Workshop — Developing the Fictional World Through Mapping
World Builder Projects
IDEAS, INSPIRATION
Quick Story Idea Generator
Solve Your Problems Simply by Saying Them Out Loud
Busting Your Writing Rut
Writing Inspiration, or Sex on a Bicycle
Creative Acceleration: 11 Tips to Engineer a Productive Flow
The Seven Major Beginner Mistakes
Complete Your First Book with these 9 Simple Writing Habits
Free Association, Active Imagination, Twilight Imaging
Random Book Title Generator
Finishing Your Novel
Story Starters and Idea Generators
REVISION
How to Rewrite
One-Pass Manuscript Revision: From First Draft to Last in One Cycle
Editing Recipe
Cliche Finder
Revising Your Novel: Read What You’ve Written
Writing 101: So You Want to Write a Novel Part 3: Revising a Novel
TOOLS and SOFTWARE
My Writing Nook (online text editor; free)
Bubbl.us (online mind map application; free)
Freemind (mind map application; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
XMind (mind map application; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
Liquid Story Binder (novel organization and writing software; free trial, $45.95; Windows, portable)
Scrivener (novel organization and writing software; free trial, $39.95; Mac)
SuperNotecard (novel organization and writing software; free trial, $29; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
yWriter (novel organization and writing software; free; Windows, Linux, portable)
JDarkRoom (minimalist text editor; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
AutoRealm (map creation software; free; Windows, Linux with Wine)
I don’t even write stories. But it might come in handy???

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 03:59 PM ----------

Are you still stuck for ideas for National Novel Writing Month? Or are you working on a novel at a more leisurely pace? Here are 102 resources on Character, Point of View, Dialogue, Plot, Conflict, Structure, Outlining, Setting, and World Building, plus some links to generate Ideas and Inspiration.
CHARACTER, POINT OF VIEW, DIALOGUE

10 Days of Character Building
Name Generators
Name Playground
The Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test
Priming the idea pump (A character checklist shamlessly lifted from acting)
How to Create a Character
Seven Common Character Types
Handling a Cast of Thousands – Part I: Getting to Know Your Characters
It’s Not What They Say …

Establishing the Right Point of View: How to Avoid “Stepping Out of Character”
How to Start Writing in the Third Person
Web Resources for Developing Characters
What are the Sixteen Master Archetypes?
Character: A compilation of guidance from classical and contemporary experts on creating great dramatic characters
Building Fictional Characters
Character Building Workshop
Tips for Characterization
Villains are People, Too, But …
Top 10 Tips for Writing Dialogue
Speaking of Dialogue
Dialogue Tips
Advantages, Disadvantages and Skills (character traits)
How to Write a Character Bible
Character Development Exercises
All Your Characters Sounds the Same — And They’re Not a Hivemind!
Medieval Names Archive
Sympathy Without Saintliness
Writing the Other: Bridging Cultural Difference for Successful Fiction
Family Echo (family tree website)
Interviewing Characters: Follow the Energy
100 Character Development Questions for Writers
Behind the Name
Lineage Chart Layout Generator
PLOT, CONFLICT, STRUCTURE, OUTLINE
How to Write a Novel: The Snowflake Method
Effectively Outlining Your Plot
Conflict and Character within Story Structure
Outlining Your Plot
Ideas, Plots & Using the Premise Sheets
How to Write a Novel
Creating Conflict and Sustaining Suspense
Plunge Right In … Into Your Story, That Is!
Fiction Writing Tips: Story Grid
Tips for Creating a Compelling Plot
Writer’s “Cheat Sheets”
The Thirty-six (plus one) Dramatic Situations
The Evil Overlord Devises a Plot: Excerpt from Stupid Plotting Tricks
Conflict Test
What is Conflict?
Monomyth
The Hero’s Journey: Summary of the Steps
Outline Your Novel in Thirty Minutes
Plotting Without Fears
Novel Outlining 101
Writing the Perfect Scene
Fight Scenes 101
Basic Plots in Literature
One-Page Plotting
The Great Swampy Middle
SETTING, WORLD BUILDING
Magical World Builder’s Guide
I Love the End of the World
World Building 101
The Art of Description: Eight Tips to Help You Bring Your Settings to Life
Creating the Perfect Setting – Part I
Creating a Believable World
An Impatient Writer’s Approach to Worldbuilding
Fantasy Worldbuilding Questions
Setting
Character and Setting Interactions
Creating Fantasy and Science Fiction Worlds
Creating Fantasy Worlds
Questions About Worldbuilding
Maps Workshop — Developing the Fictional World Through Mapping
World Builder Projects
IDEAS, INSPIRATION
Quick Story Idea Generator
Solve Your Problems Simply by Saying Them Out Loud
Busting Your Writing Rut
Writing Inspiration, or Sex on a Bicycle
Creative Acceleration: 11 Tips to Engineer a Productive Flow
The Seven Major Beginner Mistakes
Complete Your First Book with these 9 Simple Writing Habits
Free Association, Active Imagination, Twilight Imaging
Random Book Title Generator
Finishing Your Novel
Story Starters and Idea Generators
REVISION
How to Rewrite
One-Pass Manuscript Revision: From First Draft to Last in One Cycle
Editing Recipe
Cliche Finder
Revising Your Novel: Read What You’ve Written
Writing 101: So You Want to Write a Novel Part 3: Revising a Novel
TOOLS and SOFTWARE
My Writing Nook (online text editor; free)
Bubbl.us (online mind map application; free)
Freemind (mind map application; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
XMind (mind map application; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
Liquid Story Binder (novel organization and writing software; free trial, $45.95; Windows, portable)
Scrivener (novel organization and writing software; free trial, $39.95; Mac)
SuperNotecard (novel organization and writing software; free trial, $29; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
yWriter (novel organization and writing software; free; Windows, Linux, portable)
JDarkRoom (minimalist text editor; free; Windows, Mac, Linux, portable)
AutoRealm (map creation software; free; Windows, Linux with Wine)
I don’t even write stories. But it might come in handy???

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 04:23 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 04:23 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 04:24 PM ----------

---------- Post added 7th September 2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

Closed Thread  Post New Thread