Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th June 2011   #1 (permalink)
Forum Newbie

Level: 2
Level up: 64%
Activity: 0%
Default Java Download!!

I'm getting annoyed cause it says that I need to download a new Java and I did but it still wont work on here! HELP!!!
Old 27th June 2011   #2 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Level: 33
Level up: 56%
Default Re: Java Download!!

Try switching to a different browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla firefox, or even Google chrome.
I do actually use Google chrome and never had an issue so that is what would recommended, also if you are using any other browser that may as well be your issue because some browsers are not compatible with meez or java
Old 27th June 2011   #3 (permalink)
Forum Maniac

Level: 23
Level up: 6%

May i ask what browser you are using now, because i've had the exact problem a week ago. I fixed it by downloading the new latest Java. I'm using Google Chrome.
Old 27th June 2011   #4 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Level: 33
Level up: 56%

Quote:
carmen_loves_ya wrote: View Post

May i ask what browser you are using now, because i've had the exact problem a week ago. I fixed it by downloading the new latest Java. I'm using Google Chrome.
As i mentioned i use Google chrome and I have not had any issues with Java or any other parts of Meez, but if you are having a issue with Google Chrome then it is possible that you may have an out of date version Chrome so i would recommend to update to the newest versions which can be done by clicking this link Update to Google Chrome 13.0782
Old 27th June 2011   #5 (permalink)

Level: 17
Level up: 1%

Usually Java (for me) does not work on Google Chrome.
Try using Safari, Firefox (which isn't a really good choice), Sea Monkey.........
Old 28th June 2011   #6 (permalink)

Level: 26
Level up: 47%

I suggest Google Chrome.
All you have to do on Google Chrome is agree to Java For It, and then it should work.
Old 28th June 2011   #7 (permalink)
Forum Master

Level: 16
Level up: 17%

Yep, just try a different browser! =)
Old 28th June 2011   #8 (permalink)
♥The Love MEEZ♥

Level: 19
Level up: 91%

Hello, Emylou here.

Contrary to popular belief, GOOGLE CHROME, while it may work for some, is NOT officially supported by MEEZ. If you take the time to read the technical notes on the MEEZ platform, you will see this. Avoid using Google chrome if at all possible.

The most compatible browser for MEEZ as far as the software platform goes is Mozilla Firefox. I have spent countless hours studying the programming structure and can safely say that Mozilla Firefox is your absolute best bet. Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 is not a good solution either. The plug-in shell extension module still has many bugs and may not function properly with MEEZ because of its heavy reliance on third party plug-in extensions.

Again let me reiterate that Google chrome HAS worked for some users, but the software design is poor. Many argue that it runs slightly smoother then other browsers, but if you have a decent system you will notice no difference other then a more stable run-time.

Good Luck and Enjoy!
Old 28th June 2011   #9 (permalink)

Level: 7
Level up: 43%

I agree with Emylou. I am on Google Chrome right now, but it only works impressively for forums. If I have to go to Meezmaker or a room, I switch to Mozilla Firefox.
Old 29th June 2011   #10 (permalink)
Forum Master

Level: 16
Level up: 44%

I had the same problem earlier. I closed down all browsers I had, and after that didn't work, I restarted my computer. Then tried again and it worked. :3

Closed Thread  Post New Thread